Security Installer Community

Ssaib, Our First Visit Today

PSE

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had our inspection last week need to tidy a few paper things and get 2 sites 1 alarm 1 CCTV site complete with paper work from start to finish for him to audit.

He said for 1st visit we have a lot already in place and he was pleased to see this.

He has audited 3 sites 2 alarms & 1 CCTV already and was pleased with our work and installations.

He is coming back 12th July

• 9 months later...

Thought I would give this a boost again, 

I had my second years SSAIB inspection audit visit yesterday with Paul Fathers, 

After spending my nights in the office over the last week, I had everything checked, double checked, All prepared and ready for them.

Being told that our office administration is exceptional and in some cases above and beyond what's expected,  I was really happy with this.

Also had the same rewarding feedback on all of our SDP proposals, checklists and handover docs, In particular to our engineers pre handover checklist.

Inspection visits done to a School access control in Stafford, then off to Walsall for a fully loaded Intruder and finishing with a commercial CCTV in Stoke

Very pleased with the positive comments and feedback throughout the day and being told not to change the way we do anything

That's 2 years without any comments, Advisories or non-conformities...  All the hard work feels rewarding,  

I'm gunning for my merit certificate next year...

To be fair, that's a debate that is always going to be argued with both organisations offering the same thing,

My sole reason for going SSAIB instead of NSI was explained in the first few posts of this thread, I do still stand by that reason.

True fact is that a piece of paper does not make you do your job any better, However it does allow me to do a whole lot more than a non-accredited company.

Winning jobs over from non-approved is something that still gives me a kick, I don't win them on price because I am always more, I win it with the fact we are accredited

To be fair, that's a debate that is always going to be argued with both organisations offering the same thing,

My sole reason for going SSAIB instead of NSI was explained in the first few posts of this thread, I do still stand by that reason.

True fact is that a piece of paper does not make you do your job any better, However it does allow me to do a whole lot more than a non-accredited company.

Winning jobs over from non-approved is something that still gives me a kick, I don't win them on price because I am always more, I win it with the fact we are accredited

What about other approved doing it for peanuts though? What is the typical outcome then? I'm not arguing the toss, just genuinely

interested based on my recent experiences.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

You're always going to get it though,

There is another SSAIB approved just a few miles away from me,  Not going to name the 3 lettered company, but easy to find on the SSAIB website.

Believe me, Nobody has seen rough until you've seen their work.... They get work purely on price only

They WILL undercut any quotation, Say and do whatever it takes to get the work.

The company is so feckin rough, I have picture proof of it and have reported some of it as I thought it was my duty to do so

When quoting within Staffordshire, I will always ask the client who else they have or are receiving quotes from before we waste our time

If they tell me that XXX is quoting, I just tell them straight and don't bother going out to it, its a waste of my time

Who in the right mind will install a Grade 2 commercial for £500 inc vat, Including monitoring....  All with Risco $hite

They are advertising grade 2 systems now, fully installed, for £300 inc Vat,

Edited by PSE

The company is so feckin rough, I have picture proof of it and have reported some of it as I thought it was my duty to do so

What was the outcome of the complaint?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Not sure what happened, The customer jumped ship to us and we ripped out the Risco Poop and installed a Premier

Lets just say, Every single end of line and alarm resistor was inside the panel, No SAB battery or Tamper " Linked out"

Un-tampered external shunt key installed direct over the alarm pair of the detector  " Keyswitch was plastic internal model"

When quoting within Staffordshire, I will always ask the client who else they have or are receiving quotes from before we waste our time

If they tell me that XXX is quoting,

How does that go? Do people fess up or get shirty?

Do you basically tell them you'll be at least double their quote? Do people still ask you to come?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

If you explain properly the reason for the difference in cost most will be respondent, maybe not buy from you but at least they'll understand the difference. Also needs to be done without malice or name calling as you end up just sounding bitter.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Indeed, I always politely do (I've even got an A5 booklet explaining why we're not peanuts, from efficacy insurance to webway) and still lose out to the speech dialler cru :)

My point is just that really, can you really tell on the phone between whose you might be able to turn around to your POV and those that just want cheap?

I look at it like this,  

I'm an honest person, running an honest business, I don't have time to, nor do I need to play dirty tricks to get work

(This is only in Staffordshire)

When contacted for an Intruder quote, I make a point of asking if they have or are obtaining 3 quotations

If I hear the said company's name, I will in a polite way tell them that we do not provide quotes against the said company as its a waste of time.

WHY is it a waste of time, They ask....    (We all know its not good to slate another company in front of a customer)

My Reply
Of course, Please accept out apologies, but the reason why we do not wish to visit to carry out a survey is not waste your time and ours.

The XXX company have totally different operating procedures to us and for that reason we are not able to provide a like for like quotation.

From experience we are aware of how the company are able to provide their services and systems at the charges they offer to the end user.
I would like to thank you for contacting us with your enquiry, However this is a service level that we will not offer our customers.

The company I'm referring to is an approved company

Yes I know your is, but I'm not so its an uphill battle for me to try and suggest that approved isn't all its

cracked up to be, quality wise.

You're always going to get it though,

There is another SSAIB approved just a few miles away from me,  Not going to name the 3 lettered company, but easy to find on the SSAIB website.

Believe me, Nobody has seen rough until you've seen their work.... They get work purely on price only

They WILL undercut any quotation, Say and do whatever it takes to get the work.

If they tell me that XXX is quoting, I just tell them straight and don't bother going out to it, its a waste of my time

Who in the right mind will install a Grade 2 commercial for £500 inc vat, Including monitoring....  All with Risco $hite

They are advertising grade 2 systems now, fully installed, for £300 inc Vat,

Not sure what happened, The customer jumped ship to us and we ripped out the Risco Poop and installed a Premier

Lets just say, Every single end of line and alarm resistor was inside the panel, No SAB battery or Tamper " Linked out"

Un-tampered external shunt key installed direct over the alarm pair of the detector  " Keyswitch was plastic internal model"

Just goes to show the badge schemes for what they are.

And the values of ethics.