Security Installer Community

Alarm Spur From A Spur

brum69

Brum69, call me paranoia but are you looking for stick to beat your existing alarm with or something ?

3 separate threads , all from the same individual, spread across the site... At first i woulda said this man has a right to question if his alarm is up to spec, but hats off to Mr Happy, spot on assessment imo. What is the point of these multiple posts, and the vigorous defence of his opinions? Surely he has already gained all he can from us? (and us from him)

3 separate threads , all from the same individual, spread across the site... At first i woulda said this man has a right to question if his alarm is up to spec, but hats off to Mr Happy, spot on assessment imo. What is the point of these multiple posts, and the vigorous defence of his opinions? Surely he has already gained all he can from us? (and us from him)

Arfur Mo on the wind up?

Firstly, I have started two threads, not three. The first thread concerns the install of my current alarm, the second is in regards to a comment made by my new alarm company during their inspection.

With regards to my vigorous defence, this was due to the WRONG conclusion being reached about my intentions. I get the feeling that some installers on here have a weird attitude towards customers asking questions, as if their integrity is being brought into question. This couldn't be further from the truth!

Well hats off to the service provider (that you don't rate), they where correct after all & saved both the embarrassment & expensive of having an engineer attend.

Well I wouldn't use the phrase hats off, as there were other issues which they didn't handle well at all. The main issue here was my assumption that the PIR had to detect someone, rather than just the door. Had I known that, which is what I found out on here, then I would not have queried this issue.

Firstly, I have started two threads, not three. The first thread concerns the install of my current alarm, the second is in regards to a comment made by my new alarm company during their inspection.

With regards to my vigorous defence, this was due to the WRONG conclusion being reached about my intentions. I get the feeling that some installers on here have a weird attitude towards customers asking questions, as if their integrity is being brought into question. This couldn't be further from the truth!

Your not aware of your third thread LOL.

The customer service offered by our office is beyond reasonable and i wouldnt do some of the kiss ass stuff they offer. saying thay the mass majority of the customers i see are very reasonable people who place ALL their faith in the service provided without question. Not telling them everything is not the same as lies. Only yesterday i revisited a call out i made last week where i c0cked up a simple conection. Yes i made an error. customer agreed not to tell the office LOL

Customers!

That why you're changing your company name?

No not at all the website is still hertscctv and the emails/phone numbers are the same just thought I better change it now whilst we are still relatively new as a business, the name just implied we were CCTV installers so that's why I decided to change it.

Archived