Security Installer Community

Advertising

Probably going to be attacked for asking but thought I would do anyway!

As I am quiet at the moment I thought I would see what the more established company does for advertisement.

All our work comes from our website and word of mouth that I know of as I ask when the customer calls if I am not expecting a phone call from a previous customer who calls to say such should call you. Have just signed up with the local council lists and sent information to some big pub groups in the South East area also done some adverts in little mags that get sent to posh area's in my neck of the woods.

This year I decided to stop doing printed business directories, trade magazines, tompsonlocal & yell, leaflets, and lead generation websites as they got me nothing last year!

Stopped paying for SEO work too as I don't think it has increased sales at all. I mean we only work in a 50mile radius which is pretty much Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, North/Central London so it is a big area and our google hits pretty much work straight of our name when put into google.

But how do you guys bring in the work or is it "If I tell you I would have to kill you" lol

So is your advertisement built on the age of business and clients word of mouth?

dunno,

we had adverts in print before, in the modern age if I wanted a plumber I'd type "plumber in happyland" into google & go on from there.

I believe commercial vehicles are the best form of adverting "i see your vans everywhere" was quite a common comment from prospective cleints

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Well that was my thinking too just stop all advertising and stick with the website and word of mouth. I am going to replace the work horse soon but thinking of not getting it sign written like I have now as I do sub work for others in the industry and also a friend in telecoms.

I think it boils down to the right customers and just being around for a while.

I'd say the sign writing was essential, if only to tell your existing customers your other fields of work. how many customers use you just for one element, where do they go if they get the hump with another service co?

We dont advertise at all. Apart from the nacoss yellow pages listing

QFA NSI/Nacoss gets us work, the rest comes from www dont waste money on adverts get your web page optimised for your area, concentrate on your area and what you do nothing more, too much **** will just make people click away

well we had our website optimised for your area I hope paid them enough we get about 11-15 unique clicks on average per day which is ok if it is people in our area looking for these types of services.

have some adwords but only spending 3-5 a day on it that's it

van is sign written with our logo, contact details, and services we offer not all of them but the essential ones

customers report that they like the website it 'looks' nice and was easy to contact us.

When our ssaib gets sorted we will be listed with them but how much work we will get direct from that I am not sure. I did a search on the ssaib website and there is like 50 companies in a 30mile radius on there search platform which is a little downer.

Archived