Security Installer Community

Vodafone Tap

Well it looks like the Vodafone TAP is getting less reliable every day.

Today it was only sending around 10% of messages from a Castle Euro 46. Tried it on 2 other panels at different sites, story was the same.

Pyronix/Castle keep selling it though. Why do they release bulletins like this http://shl.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/r/4C70DBB5D28FA0F4

claiming it is reliable when the TAP is out of their control.

I'm just revising all our signalling (due to James tests, thanks for doing that) - not that ever did offer them but we will not install SMS/speech dialler. I think we lost a 1.5K domestic today because we won't fit a speech dialler!

I'm just revising all our signalling (due to James tests, thanks for doing that) - not that ever did offer them but we will not install SMS/speech dialler. I think we lost a 1.5K domestic today because we won't fit a speech dialler!

Not your loss you can get on with something more productive.

Customers!

Would it not have just been worth to fit one but make it clear to them you are not responsible for it (might have made them think twice after having it and finding that it was no good)

Archived