Security Installer Community

Gloves

RichL

What gloves do you use for install work?

Im after some which can be worn several times then binned when too dirty, for warmth and protection, and can still be used when fitting BNCs for example.

A link to a suitable product on either Toolstation or Screwfix would be perfect.

Thanks.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Imho there is yet to be designed gloves suitable for really dextrous work, that can keep you warm and yet still allow complete freedom of movement, you have the latex ones that keep dirt off, you have the 'thinsulate' type that keep you warm-but nowt really inbetween that I've seen.

I tend to use fingerless thinsulate type, not ideal, but you prob know that anyway!, any other ideas peeps?.

Some sites insist on full finger cover, so if buying for this reason best to check 1st

True, but to date I've never been picked up.. I might get a full finger pair just in case i get caught out.

Gloves? ya soft northern ******

I have some of these, not sure why but I use them when Im cleaning the car and they are nice fitting, grippy, comfy and toasty.

http://www.arco.co.uk/products/14A1600

I thought this would be more your style

post-28924-0-00172100-1327093203.jpg

On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Imho there is yet to be designed gloves suitable for really dextrous work, that can keep you warm and yet still allow complete freedom of movement, you have the latex ones that keep dirt off, you have the 'thinsulate' type that keep you warm-but nowt really inbetween that I've seen.

I tend to use fingerless thinsulate type, not ideal, but you prob know that anyway!, any other ideas peeps?.

Yup, I did have some years ago which were provided by the site and were an acceptable compromise.

I just cant find them.

Archived