Security Installer Community

4Hrs Late,

MrHappy

Today there was some sort of crash west bound on the m62 at around 6:00m

the road was closed & reopened around 16:00, now whilst its better to be 4hrs late in this world than earlier in the next, however what kind of event warrants closing the motorway for 10hrs or so.....

With the expection of the hearing it on the radio, this event which must has cost the economy millions of pounds does not appear to be reported in anywhere ?

to say I'm f##ked off is quite an understatement

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

from the bright lights of the goole couier....

Multiple car crash on M62

Published on Monday 16 January 2012 10:06

A MULTIPLE vehicle crash on the M62 between Ferrybridge Services at junction 34 is causing major tailbacks this morning (January 16 2012).

The motorway is currently closed between junction 33 and 34 after the serious collision at about 6.45am.

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said that one man has been rushed to Pinderfields hospital with serious head and back injuries.

The road remains closed and police advise that motorists avoid the area where possible.

no mention on WY Police's site...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Plod think nothing of closing a road for a minor accident round these parts, I wouldnt mind but they cant even organise a decent diversion its like organised chaos

Are they not using the 3D accident device shown on the news a few weeks back? evidently it saves many hours.. (or have they lost the manual?)

They can organise public donations toward their Xmas parties via friggin Parking Tickets...

Today there was some sort of crash west bound on the m62 at around 6:00m

Oddly enough there was an accident "the other end" of the M62 today.

According to someone who called into a local radio station...

...there had been a small accident in the outside lane, and "they where exchanging details in the outside lane!"

Caused 2/3 hours worth of unnecessary congestion. What happened to common sense?

As for 10 hours of closed motorway, that's not exactly "rushed to Pinderfields hospital" is it?

All that diverted traffic for so long is bound to cause more accidents.

I'd be pee'd off too, especially as there's bearly any information on the accident (even after the event).

As for 10 hours of closed motorway, that's not exactly "rushed to Pinderfields hospital" is it?

All that diverted traffic for so long is bound to cause more accidents.

Roads will always be closed for fatal/near fatal incidents, both carriageways as it's proved that rubberneckers cause accidents on the opposite carriageways where there is something to be 'seen'

I also assume the patient was taken @ the beginning of the 10 hours, not the end....

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Roads will always be closed for fatal/near fatal incidents, both carriageways as it's proved that rubberneckers cause accidents on the opposite carriageways where there is something to be 'seen'

I also assume the patient was taken @ the beginning of the 10 hours, not the end....

You would hope so! He would probably been in hospital within an hour or two.

But what was the idea behind the other 8 hours, how long does the investigation take?

The sooner normal service is resumed, the safer it is for everyone.

I have no problem with closing roads, the casualties and threats to life should always come first.

It just seems aiming to reopen the road it the lowest of priorities after paperwork etc

Archived