Security Installer Community

Adt Domonial Wireless Motion Sensor Rest

Rukie

Hello,

I have an ADT Wireless system installed at home few months ago. Recently we decided to put some covings in one of the rooms which has a motion sensor in the corner (model IR800M).

As we want to finish our decorations before the New Year, I called up ADT to ask if they could move/advise on moving this sensor 4 inches lower its current position. However they are fully booked until the New Year not to mention the call out and first 1/2 of work is almost £80+VAT.

So I decided to move it myself (how hard could it be?), opened the front cover where the circuit board label said "hold the tamper switch when refitting the batteries". Didn't see/find/know how it looks so just removed the board and discovered the switch at the back of it. Obviously, it was too late and "Tamper fault" is now displayed on the the remote controller screen every now and again. There is another button right under the sensor, that probably triggers open cover fault or something?

Q. Is there any way I can clear that fault without paying ADT a £100?

Thanks.

Hello,

I have an ADT Wireless system installed at home few months ago. Recently we decided to put some covings in one of the rooms which has a motion sensor in the corner (model IR800M).

As we want to finish our decorations before the New Year, I called up ADT to ask if they could move/advise on moving this sensor 4 inches lower its current position. However they are fully booked until the New Year not to mention the call out and first 1/2 of work is almost £80+VAT.

So I decided to move it myself (how hard could it be?), opened the front cover where the circuit board label said "hold the tamper switch when refitting the batteries". Didn't see/find/know how it looks so just removed the board and discovered the switch at the back of it. Obviously, it was too late and "Tamper fault" is now displayed on the the remote controller screen every now and again. There is another button right under the sensor, that probably triggers open cover fault or something?

Q. Is there any way I can clear that fault without paying ADT a £100?

Thanks.

Depends where you are - if you're near Hampshire or Dorset you could pay us £100 instead??

oh dear, if you can't reset it using your code you have the choice of

1. getting ADT in,

2. defaulting the system yourself,

3 getting another co. in

4. leave it unused untill ADT come & service it (assume your on contract)

5. leaving it unused

1. would be the senseable option

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Hi and thank you for replies. Obviously, I would like to sort the issue myself if possible.

How does one actually reset the system? I have a code but unsure where/how to key it in!

Please advise.

Manual? Surely you still have it if the system was only installed a few months ago?

Archived