Security Installer Community

Adt Domonial Wireless Motion Sensor Rest

Rukie

I take it none of you regular comedians have even seen an ADT user manual. It has not a word in it about resetting or defaulting the system, otherwise I would not be here asking a question that already has 10 replies and not a single answer to the actual question.

And no, there is no "man" who puts up the covings - I do it myself, thank you very much.

Hi, if your user code isn't resetting the system then chances are it's set up for engineer reset on tamper (assuming that PIR isn't still in tamper!).

On wireless systems usually the tamper on devices is used in some capacity to program them onto the system, ie let the control panel know they are there.

So my guess is either eng reset required,reprogramming of PIR or both-just give ADT a bell-no pun intended!-and just explain that you didn't realise etc blah blah-and maybe they may be nice seeing as it's crimbo-but tbh I wouldn't hold your breath mate.

If you've only had it installed for a few months I would assume ADT have you under one of thier lovely contracts. (Is the equipment even yours? Be careful if you're wanting another company to come and have a look at it) If you try and set your system with the cover back on the detector it will either clear the fault and set or it will come up tamper fault and you will not be able to set your system.

Unfortunatley it looks like you'll have to pay this time but this is why engineer call outs are required, to do things users can't and shouldn't be able to do. But cest la vie.

I take it none of you regular comedians have even seen an ADT user manual. It has not a word in it about resetting or defaulting the system,

Theres a pretty big clue in the word user, kidda like

Dear Peugeot I'm most disapointed to find your user manual makes no mention of the Peugeot Planet software nor provides any advice on how to remove the gearbox.

I would not be here asking a question that already has 10 replies and not a single answer to the actual question.

I think post 3 covers all the bases ?

The forums rules prevent use from giving advice on how to default or providing engineer manuals (manufactures copywrite)

In the age of the WWW there nothing to stop you finding the all the information on pretty anything you desire, I think paying is less hassle for you that DIY however the choice is yours

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

• 4 weeks later...

This has been discussed many times. ADT are carrying the risk and guaranteeing the system installed will work and detect a breakin. As an approved company they have installed the system and given you an nacoss certificate etc.

If the system does not perform then adt may be sued by your insurance company.

Now this assumes the system is managed and maintained by adt (or the alarm company for other brands)

Now you have opened part of it you have in effect invalidated that warranty and guarantee, just like if you opened up an LG plasma or any other device.

Your best bet is to get adt back to ensure the integrity of the system and get it back up and working again. And dont let anyone other than adt mess with it. Unless your moving providers of course.

Also as a note to others until adt are carrying the risk again you may have invalidated your insurance at home/work. Depends on their policy etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived