Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax With Pyronix Deltabell?

buzzman1982

Hi my Visonic wireless system had stared beeping in the early hours of the morning telling me that its battery is low and display code S01. I am a little dissapointed that its done this before its 3rd birthday do they normally do this so early?,

so wondering if i can replace it with a Pyronix Deltabell or another wired bell. I have phoned up companys for replacement batteries etc but they want to charge me about £125 and i think this is too steep. My neighbour who is a spark can fit the bell.

Thanks for any advise

Rich

If it's a Powermax + you do not need an expander, there are already connections on board at the rear of the panel.

If it's a Powermax Complete you need an expander module from Visonic.

Be careful with the loads of the bell, make sure its a Deltabell E and put it in SCB mode.

You can buy a battery for your existing wireless bell for less than £20.

I have phoned up companys for replacement batteries etc but they want to charge me about £125 and i think this is too steep.

I would suggest you get the system serviced and have all the devices batteries replaced.

£125 to swap the bellbox battery or do a full service?

The Visionic Bellbox batteries last a good while, if there not used.

If you've had a number of activations, that will be why the battery is low.

Thanks so much guys for your replies, the £125.00 was a full service, which for an average home isn't too much, but my place is really small so i think that makes it a lot, and to be honest i hate the outside box as it looks like a dummy, theres no winking and blinking at night, its not very loud on the two times its been activated, and this whole business of getting up a ladder to do batteries seems like too much bother to me!! If i was doing it again i think id have wireless again but not the visonic, as clever it is, but it seems a bit hard to programme.

Most wireless device batteries will only have about a 3 year life and that includes the bell boxes.

If you have told your insurance company that you have an alarm, they will expect you to have your alarm serviced or they might not pay out on a claim.

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

Archived