Security Installer Community

Free Software For Customer Management & Or General Security Info?

bm_99

Agreed the training is very poor indeed...

I didnt need much of the training but i think thats because its more or less the same as BASE that we have been using for ages. Then again if I had never used BASE I don't think I would of had a clue after the traing.

I can't get over the amount of errors and crashing.

how are you using it? We have an server with AM on it then 2 extra users, all working ok unitil we need to upgrade the machines in the office...

we have it on two machines. Its not issues with machine setup. Its constant errors with the following; Sage link, tables not extended within AM to allow for high enough job sheet numbers (and the same then follows with other system tables), issues with existing contracts converted from BASE being corrupt. Many features not setup on installation as they should have been. The list goes on.....................and on.

They have logged in to correct the issue only for it to happen again 10 minutes later.

Tbh iys getting beyond a joke.

Its nothing personal with anyone member off staff, just all around headache.

I wouldn't dream of leaving one of our customers in the same boat.

Its not that bad, however we ran "Kiss Alarm Manger" before "alarm master" which used to eat records back in the day...

lol you want to bet? If I had the time I would log all the errors. Atleast 5 today.

TSI has a basic CRM system that is free to members but it isnt alarm or security focused. Its very powerful and uses this as the backend

but its a bit powerful. I would like to find a simpler one

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I have used Alarm Master and also Mentors CASH system and found both to be very useful. Not sure which one is cheaper as that wasnt my department but they are both useful tools.

I would suggest if you only want to know when services are due and keeping track of customer details then maybe use simple excel spreadsheets and such. Of course this depends on how large your business and client database is. If you only have say up to 100 contracts its probably very easy to keep track of them without the need for spending thousands on using such software.

The biggest thing I would say with software like CASH and AM is that while they are excellent, to get the most and best use of them you have to 'use' them properly. If you neglect them even for just a little bit they get very messy and you end up spending hundreds of man hours in the office just maintaining them.

Yet another alarm master error today. Supplier invoices will not go on to the system. Called support this afternoon, they log in and cant sort it so will have to speak to boss. Hours wasted and still no reply from them. Great Service......................naaaatttttttt

We use a software package called Clik - it is expense at (i think) £650.00 for 1 user license but it is an excellent package allows you to keep list of suppliers, customers, generate maintenance reminders, quotes, invoices links with sage easily and you can create job sheets for engineers.

Also comes with van maintenance stuff too so easy to keep up with servicing, tax, mot.

You can build custom reports and also generate your own custom text boxes for say red care account numbers and that.

We only use it to half of it's capability as we are still very small but if business continues the way it is I can see this software becoming a real friend to our business.

The bit that sold it to us for the future was the ability for engineers to get there job list whilst on the road and complete the job sheet and send it back to the office so they know it is complete and description of work carried out.

Archived