Security Installer Community

Wireless Dt To Work With Scantronic 9751 System

bm_99

Hey people, just wondering are there are wireless dual-tech PIR's that work with the scantronic wirefree system (9751 with RF expander) i know you can get normal pir's but not seen any DT as it's going in a conservatory

cheers

There are a couple, not telling who though, we have one in the pipes, probably still a few months away yet, can you get power to it, and use a transmitter just for the signal, i know it's not the best option but Scantronic do a two channel transmitter to get your alarm and tamer back.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Can you even get wireless DT's full stop?

Know a few manufacturers have some in the works but are there any on the market?

Yup, we have fitted honeywell, on G2/3 systems, (work with demonial too) no problems reported yet. Think the first I fitted was just over 12 months ago. Think the biggest problem with wireless DT's is their power consumption

• 3 weeks later...

it wouldnt and they dont do a standalone rx.

PSU, battery, Wired DT and universal transmitter. Might be easier to wire it.

We used to do the above when we needed a dt in a garage etc. But now use a honeywell wireless DT

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

it wouldnt and they dont do a standalone rx.

PSU, battery, Wired DT and universal transmitter. Might be easier to wire it.

We used to do the above when we needed a dt in a garage etc. But now use a honeywell wireless DT

Thats exactly what we do sometimes, expensive though. I think Castle/Pyronix are bringing out a wireless DT for the Enforcer panel soon.

Archived