Security Installer Community

Office Software

We got the software back up and running this morning, Involved a quick teamviewer session that was less than a minute,

I recorded the on screen procedure just incase it ever happens again in the future,  you never know..

Couldn't explain it, Was all working 100% until the first backup I did, Went pear shaped after.

They said the backup wouldn't do it, But I cant see any other reason why it would of happened.

He used a utility to reset and re enter the new user details,  all works well again

• 4 months later...

We're just about to sign on the dotted line with CASH.

We looked at it years ago and could not afford it but only recently realised that we could have leased it so I guess we could have afforded it after-all.

What surprised me is that in the "olden" days companies just got on with it on paper based systems so although it would be "nice" to have it all integrated and seamless - part of me thinks that if some of these companies (much bigger / successful than ours) can survive, why can't we??

We've also decided to do down the route to buy mobile licenses for the team as it's is better to have as much under one roof as possible.

The only difficulty is the CRM side so I'm afraid we may be looking down the Salesforce/Zoho/SugarCRM route because it would be great to have an app that does the surveying as well.

Regarding my above earlier posts with the Base Software problems,

I am happy to say that its almost 5 months since this issue, Everything is running smoothly with no errors of any kind,

Its churning all of the service visits out every month, Which I randomly compare with my manual list "Just being cautious".

In a couple of months I will scrap the manual lists and go whole hog with Base..

It does everything I want it to do, I've re-done all the document templates and well.......,  I would recommend it to be honest

Its churning all of the service visits out every month, Which I randomly compare with my manual list "Just being cautious".

In a couple of months I will scrap the manual lists and go whole hog with Base..

Ive not used it but I assume you have the option of a "services due but not done" as a validity check?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived