Security Installer Community

Shock Detector (Help)

joe2

Hello,

I have had a shock detector fitted to the backdoor on friday went out today and got a call from monitoring station to say that the alarm has triggered got back and it is the shock detector that has triggered it, Looking on the event log its constantly been triggering, Got back in and the dog has been barking and when the dog barks the LED lights up on the shock detector is this normal for this type of sensor ?

Is there a shock detector that will not trigger if the dog barks, Just want your opinion going to call alarm company on monday

the shock sensor is a SV1 Non Latching Solid-State Vibration & Impact Detector

Thanks

Joe

I have seen that happen with Honeywell Vipers Joe, although I have never seen it happen with Texecom Impaqs, might be worth trying.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hear is a picture of the sensor, Can you tell what detection it uses

post-21418-0-29659100-1310311991_thumb.j

:fear: You shouldnt be taking your alarm system apart if it's monitored, and if its only just been fitted you may have voided the warranty :no:

I think i will get them to take the shock detector off, backdoor has a contact on anyway, Hopefully they will refund the £40 or knock it off the service charge for next year

I wouldn't, its your dog not the alarm.

If they have fitted the viper because of the dog, then it's not fit for purpose and they should either credit or replace for a suitable one.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

We decided to get the shock detector fitted after the alarm was installed we also added an extra pir in hallway

Got the shock detector for another layer of protection,but i dont want false alarms neighbours will be going mad, panel rearmed 3 times so when i got back the souder was not going as that zone had been omitted, looked on log 44 triggers, will give them a call tommorow for them to take it out,if they dont credit me its just one of them things.

Or its only about £33.00 to get the dog put down :whistle:

Only kidding i love him to bits the little bugger :P

Archived