Security Installer Community

Shock Detector (Help)

joe2

Good news called alarm company at about 0915 engineer was here at 1000

He has turned the sensitivty to the minimum level, had the dog in barking his head off and it doesnt trigger :)

Its not that sensitive as it was but should pick up a massive attack if it doesnt there is a contact on ayway, better than having it taken out.

Now we can set the alarm, very glad i used a local registered company :)

Good news called alarm company at about 0915 engineer was here at 1000

He has turned the sensitivty to the minimum level, had the dog in barking his head off and it doesnt trigger :)

Its not that sensitive as it was but should pick up a massive attack if it doesnt there is a contact on ayway, better than having it taken out.

Now we can set the alarm, very glad i used a local registered company :)

Good news I'm sure but it's a pity the adjustment / setting up of the 'Shock' was not done at the time of installation as it should have been.

How does it go? 'An adjustment in time, saves 44' :rolleyes:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

He has turned the sensitivty to the minimum level, had the dog in barking his head off and it doesnt trigger

I've just had a re-read. You need to know a bit more about your sensor.

"Its not that sensitive as it was but should pick up a massive attack"

- High frequency vibration is what these detectors are designed to detect, breaking glass, splintering of wood, hammering of brick/concrete etc NOT a dog barking, NOT the door being hit with your fist (that's a LOW frequency vibration.

If your installer used the term 'massive attack' he needs to do some reading up on vibration detectors.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived