Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer Wireless

Hey Guys, Just starting to look at using the pyronix enforcer panel, i just have a few questions. 1 do all the devices come with the batteries required. 2 Is the sms function built in to the panel or would i need to get a seperate modual.

Thanks

we use the sms when they are prepared to pay extra to have it, but our sdp explains what it is and that its not monitoring.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Not up to now. We only recently moved over to castle, and even then its only on a handful of 2X jobs.

I can see it being a very useful add on for those not wanting to pay for monitoring.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

thanks for the info so far. I have just another question about the sms. Is it easy to set up and does it require any special programming. I read some where that it dials a premium rate number about every 2 weeks for testing and also to send the message. Ive not used castle panels since the old 2200/2300/2700. when i have done sms before its just been through a speech and text dialler which i know can be a bit unreliable. Thanks again

tony lamb (the man who created castle care tech) implemented the best sms tap system there is. The reason for the 2 week premium rate call is so the panel can pick up the latest numbers that work. That way you pretty much know your tap message will get through. As well as can be expected. SMS is a poor signalling system but due to tony they have the only workable tap solution

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 3 weeks later...

So far so good, works fine. Has the option to connect to a low voltage AC or DC power supply which we usually do, it has two comfort led's which are useless and cannot be seen, even in pitch black darkness, so no point even switching them on.

Just connected the Wireless Bell to a local 12V supply, and enabled the Comfort Leds....They flash alternately on a 5 secs or so cycle. I thought they worked quite well, though it will be obvious to the trained that its a Wireless unit.

They seem to have changed the LED's in them and do work a lot better than the previous ones. If not connected to power we install a twin flashing led module, batteries last about 2 years, we installed the same module into the visonic bells before we shifted to the enforcer kit. They are nice and bright and have a decent flash rate (around the same as a wired deltabell sab).

Archived