Security Installer Community

Arfur Mo

sjsturner

No thats fine, we're all big boys now (some bigger than others ;) ) I know the problem we have on this site is members sign up, get their answer, and are never seen again..... However, if you're not in the 'gang', you have to shout louder. Shame Paul left, for me he was great, very helpful.

I was looking through some old posts a while ago, the Forum was loads busier a few years ago. So whats happened?

No thats fine, we're all big boys now (some bigger than others ;) ) I know the problem we have on this site is members sign up, get their answer, and are never seen again..... However, if you're not in the 'gang', you have to shout louder. Shame Paul left, for me he was great, very helpful.

I made my own gang, and the rest left and started another forum :lol:

to be fair....... ths forum is too quiet in my opinion, if there was less :ranting: and a bit more FRIENDLY banter/openness it would be a much busier place. Also I personally feel that some guys wont help people, and I also know of members who wont post due to being belittled,...... Remember, without members the Forum will die, you only have to look how long some sections haven't been posted in, which is a shame, as there is some very knowledgeable guys on here.

It was like that before Arf came along, it was a very pleasant place with a few heated debates every now an then.

Im not saying Arf drove them all away but there are a few members that left because of him, I was one of them. I post far less than I did back in the day thats because there are less topics that interest me or that I feel I can contribute to

Do you think there are less topics as things in the intruder industry haven't really moved for a few years, or is it because its generally quiet on here?

On arf I thought he was fine, never had any problems. I bet there was a lot to be learnt from that fella, unless I have my blinkers on?

all the forums go though peaks & toughs, members come & go I'd say Dave P or even Gaz / Eng / Sonic Youth where bigger heros & villains back in the day.

Nobody is irreplaceable or bigger than the forum aslong as the url is paid for & the site hosted there will be somebody posting something on TSI.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Do you think there are less topics as things in the intruder industry haven't really moved for a few years, or is it because its generally quiet on here?

When trade is busy guys don't have as much time for posting trivia. They tend to just use tsi if they've got a problem to resolve .... in slack times the forum gets busier.

That's a generalisation and doesn't refer to every member .... but a fairly accurate assessment I think.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

maybe change of ip means less jp enquiries.

arf was good at talking to rather than down to jp. like it or not the info jp requires (to save a few bob eg) is out there & they will keep dabbling.

must admit though arf, why use a word when a couple of paragraphs will do :D

lol @ cubit!

he seemed like a nice enogh bloke its just he would never aknowledge the point of view of others

he had his own ways and would try and overpower everyone else by filling up the screen with 90% random material.

paul was a real asset and bailed me out on more than one occasion.

Archived