Security Installer Community

Help Choosing Alarm

nakbub

I have just bought a half finished house with an out building. What I would like is an alarm system in the main house 9 x PIR, 3x door contacts, 2 x panic buttons, external and internal sounder some sort of auto dialer to contact me when the alarm is triggered but so I can also reset / silence the alarm.

In the outbuilding I will need 2 x PIR, 3x door contact and the same sort of auto dialer like the one in main house and a sounder.

The buildings are approx 30m apart

I would also like an output on the alarm so when it is set off it will turn on the outside lights.

Also is it possible to link the sounders from both the house and out building so that if one alarm is set off then both the house and out building sounders will go off

Can anyone recommend a system / products to do the above?

Many Thanks!

Hello,

You will need a hybrid (wired & wireless) system, unless you can still gain access to lay a cable from the house to the out building.

A professional setup would be one system, the out building would be an 'Area' on the system, so both the house and out buildings could be armed and disarmed individually.

However it is a little bit much for a DIY job IMO. As this system is going to be protecting most of what you own and your family i think its always worth getting a few quotations from SSAIB/NSI approved installers for professional installation and maintenance.

If you post the area your property is based in you may find a company on here willing to quote.

Thanks alterEGO I was thinking a wired system as gaining access for cables is not a problem as walls have yet to be plastered and floors are still up for plumbing etc. there are two pipes that run between the house and out building one has the electric supply in it and the other is empty so can use that to pull any cables needed between the house and out building.

I was thinking of two systems as will be using the out building as an office so would like to be able to keep them both separate.

I do have some installers booked to quote but wanted to find out how easy it would be to do and what people would recommend as I’m a electrician and have fitted some basic domestic systems in the past

Thanks alterEGO I was thinking a wired system as gaining access for cables is not a problem as walls have yet to be plastered and floors are still up for plumbing etc. there are two pipes that run between the house and out building one has the electric supply in it and the other is empty so can use that to pull any cables needed between the house and out building.

I was thinking of two systems as will be using the out building as an office so would like to be able to keep them both separate.

I do have some installers booked to quote but wanted to find out how easy it would be to do and what people would recommend as I’m a electrician and have fitted some basic domestic systems in the past

One system is how I and most Installers would do it. As i said before they are setup in Areas so each area can be armed or disarmed individually.

Main reasons for one system;

- One Control panel (better for maintenance and/or monitoring fees)

- you can set/unset and reset the out building from the main house as well as the local keypad in the out building. (Handy at 2am)

- lots more reasons......................, its just the way it should be done.

As above really. Maybe you could run the cables in, to save some labour, but after that I would be looking at a decent local firm to 2nd fix/commission? We have done this before.

Something like a Texecom Premier 48 would do the job nicely though.

As above really. Maybe you could run the cables in, to save some labour, but after that I would be looking at a decent local firm to 2nd fix/commission? We have done this before.

Something like a Texecom Premier 48 would do the job nicely though.

QFA though panels like the Premier are available to the diy market, the people selling them wont offer any technical assistance, and theyre not really designed for beginners.

but they should have left the Premiers to the installers and the Vertias to the sparks imo

My local branch of a national electrical wholesaler list premier, menvier, scantronic & castle care in there catalog.

By the same token I can buy Cisco stuff from ebuyer, don't mean I can make it do what a CCNA bloke can

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

One thing that we dont like about Texecom, its a cracking panel good development and Wintex is great, but they should have left the Premiers to the installers and the Vertias to the sparks imo

said that many a time

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived