Security Installer Community

I've Messed Up This Time.

itesecurity

Went to ATM machine today on the high street, only to print out a mini statement. Got the mini statement, kids were fighting in the car, returned to the car and carried on my merry way.

Two hours later I noticed card was missing from my wallet. Realised that with the distraction of the kids fighting in the car I forgot my card.

When you go to an ATM and withdraw cash you do not get the money until you have removed your card so to to leave your card in the machine you would be forgetting the cash too, which is quite unlikely.

My problem is that when you only get a statement or balance enquiry the screen on the ATM goes to " Do you want to carry out another transaction" and the card is still in the machine, if at this point you walk away ( which stupid here did ) how long does the ATM remain like this allowing anyone behind you to simply withdraw your cash ? In my case the max in 24 hours is £500. There was nobody behind me at the time at the machine and not many people about.

I have rang and cancelled the card, told the girl what happened and I asked if there had been any cash withdrawn today from my account, she said she couldnt help me with that and I would have to contact my local branch. So I guess I will have to sweat it out until I can ring my bank tomorrow. :fear:

So I guess I will have to sweat it out until I can ring my bank tomorrow. :fear:

Ask them about internet banking whilst your on the phone, you wouldn't have to go to the ATM at all then, and you would be able to see right now if your account has been compromised

Ask them about internet banking whilst your on the phone, you wouldn't have to go to the ATM at all then, and you would be able to see right now if your account has been compromised

Yep, asked the girl to send me the forms so I can do that, have internet banking on my other account, dont use this one that much so never got around to doing it. You live and learn.

ATM transactions can take up to 24hrs to show on ib statements. There is usually a delay (not sure how long) and the card and cash is drawn back in and refunded to the account.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

There is usually a delay (not sure how long) and the card and cash is drawn back in and refunded to the account.

My problem is that I wasnt getting cash, just a statement, and left the machine with the screen "Do you want to carry out another transaction". I dont know how long the screen stays like this until it swallows the card and reverts back to normal.

Archived