Security Installer Community

Mobile Phone

Adi

I currently use the blackberry curve which is fine for all emails texts etc. but my biggest gripe is the mobile internet is not much cop. We use masweb for our to gain access regarding our central station monitored alarms, this worked fine when i was using my BB bold but doesnt work on the curve.

Arf im meaning from a speed point of view. You cant judge android from a low end device.

But iphone is a cracking interface but there must be something wrong with the keyboard on yours lol

i would of said the iphone is better for non techies etc and better at media, but i think the android (high end) does everything else better.

Like you i liked windows mobile had 5 or so over the years, but the stability was an issue and the web browser was useless.

However old win mo 6.x is very old and windows phone 7 is a completly new thing. I do wish i had waited for something like the new dell unit.

But i do like my andoid it does everything very well but i do miss the hardware keyboard of my old treo but i couldnt go back to it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Arf im meaning from a speed point of view. You cant judge android from a low end device.

But iphone is a cracking interface but there must be something wrong with the keyboard on yours lol

i would of said the iphone is better for non techies etc and better at media, but i think the android (high end) does everything else better.

Like you i liked windows mobile had 5 or so over the years, but the stability was an issue and the web browser was useless.

However old win mo 6.x is very old and windows phone 7 is a completly new thing. I do wish i had waited for something like the new dell unit.

But i do like my andoid it does everything very well but i do miss the hardware keyboard of my old treo but i couldnt go back to it.

iphone keyboard is (begins with s and ends in t) it is renouned for that, nokia tap, tap is by far a better product

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

yep

i wrote a winmo app that did signal strength but im trying to rewrite it for android (horrible dev system compared to win mo) but the signalling we will be using (if the trials go ok) is o2 based

im hpeful i can find a way of measuring signal strength on the roaming networks. I can see them on the phone in settings but unsure if i can get signal readings

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I too have a HTC desire, I got sent the the desire and the Iphone 4 to try and the iphone never even made it out of the box, My BP had the new Nokia for about a day then gave it back for an iphone.

In comparison I seem to have more choice of aps better aps and the phone seems to be twice as quick as his, we needed a decibel meter the other day I got one free, it has calibration and it works really well, he paid 62p for his and its not got half the features as my free one and his search seemed slow (I had found downloaded, installed, and was playing with it whilst he was still searching) . I am so impressed I purchased a wildfire for the missus, great phones does exactly what it say's on the box

Earliest I can do it is March. I cant believe how much smart phones have come down in price, you can get one cheaper than my crapy 6700c lol:( Not looking at an i phone, wanting an Android os I think

Archived