Security Installer Community

Texecom & Dt7550Uk2

zurrieq

And if you don't install an alarm at all there will be no chance off cables being damaged!, where does one draw the line?, the manufacturers design the rkp's with zones on it, you're saying do not utilise it then!.

Any cable at any time could get damaged realistically surely.

:). i never said 'don't install an alarm', just be wise to mention the less obvious pitfalls. chances are that sytem and many other will work fine, we don't know the enviorment or the ability (with all respects to O/P). as engineers we can suss and fix - but DIY engineer :unsure:

its just my own experience, i see or ge an issue i design around it where possible, happens mainly dealing with systems done this way by others.

to counter, Gartec panels have a dedicate keypad 12 volts, protected by 350ma fuse - so why do they do this? add in the rcommendation by those who use this panel to double up the supply, seems not sensible to load it with pirs let alone dual-tecs - well to me anyways :cold2: .

haqve gone out to bells ringing, remmember the internals won't stop on daytime tamper, why i just would not. personally, i see keypad zones as a convience to some jobs if used for final door contacts, exit route doors and pab's end of,

tbh even working mostly domestic i rarely ever use them, means more cable's to keypad making it a messier 'j/b'.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I have fitted hundreds of Prems and taken zones off the rkp's in most instances-usually in the vacinity of the rkp one has a final door and hall pir for example where it helps.

I, as of yet, not had one problem with a damaged cable-proberably due to the fact that one tends to run them sensibly, not under carpets an grippers and the like!.

If on a new build 1st fix then cables will ultimately usually be 'buried'-but again if one uses your noggin you can second guess where not to run them imho-experience?.

If it's a retro fit then cables will either be viewable or in some sort of trunking-either way you've got to be really dense to damage one accidentally I think.

In my view one has to tread a fine line between what is economical, practical and sensible, if we all did everything that was 100% infallible-well you can't can you!-contradicts everything one does in life-don't take your car out in case you get hit from behind, don't eat food with 'e' numbers in them-all one can do is minimize the risk realistically.

Richard.

Yeah but he is incorrect.

Many manufacturers make an allowance for this method of fittment.

And most of useing that type of panel for years also utilising this method have had no problems.

As above good advice is to double up the 0V rail and if possible the +ve too, if only able to do one double the 0V rail up.

To add every NODE/RIO/LIM/EXPANDER runs off the data rail and then runs the components. Generally without another PSU.

Whats the difference?

QFA ^

Texecom has a common Network Fuse.

Keypads, Expanders and all devices off them run through this one network fuse. The panel is designed for this.

You would have to fit a seperate PSU to each keypad, to be certain of silencing the alarm if a network cable was damaged.

Only on large sites would I have seperate PSU's for seperate keypad/expanders.

don't eat food with 'e' numbers in them - all one can do is minimize the risk realistically.

This is hard to do actually!

vitamin C (E300)

vitamin B2 (E101)

nitrogen (E941)

oxygen (E948)

human fat - glycerol (E422)

citric acid (E330)

E numbers are not a classification system for chemicals, more a multi-language labelling scheme.

Archived