Security Installer Community

First Fire Alarm Engineer To Be Prosecuted

james.wilson

In this instance you are correct. Im now happy to walk away. After 15 years and annual revenues of about £3k falling to £1k im happy to leave. If they accept my quote of £750 to add a keypad to the alarm (alowed 4 hours) then i will of course retain the buisness until next November. By which time some SSAIB company will jump in and spoil any proffit by slagging off a 15 year old instal

by a NACOSS installer.

I exspect a visit from the local fire officer. I exspect a call of desperation around march when the school runs out of warning time. I exspect a new fire alarm install superviced by the LEA because they will be picking up the tab for a failing school. Sheez i even exspect an upgrade to the intruder.

I reject your SSAIB dig, plenty of idiots that hold both badges. We just took a job off a Gold and put maintenance prices up 50%. If you look you will always find an example from either.

I reject your SSAIB dig, plenty of idiots that hold both badges. We just took a job off a Gold and put maintenance prices up 50%. If you look you will always find an example from either.

Reject what you want. I was using a FACTUAL example.

Customers!

yes, everything

About 30 years ago i witnessed an alarm company doing just that. The guy honestly beleived it didnt need to be fire proof cable because he was using monitored cuircuits. The installer was an ex boss of some of our members.

Customers!

I see good & bad installs by all levels of "badge holders"

as for the £750 rkp, I suspect the school would be able to get a larger gold co. to install & maintain for less, w/o going too deep into the subject, materials x 150% + £100.00 per hour (unless it miles away) appears to be the rate.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I see good & bad installs by all levels of "badge holders"

as for the £750 rkp, I suspect the school would be able to get a larger gold co. to install & maintain for less, w/o going too deep into the subject, materials x 150% + £100.00 per hour (unless it miles away) appears to be the rate.

Happy, i went to Wrexham today to takeover an alarm i installed back in June 2004. Our customer vacated to larger premises last year. Our records showed we had removed the control panel and sounders. To my surprise a Company called Baron (NACOSS) had installed a CastleCare on the end of our wiring but left our contract labels in position ding!

I was truly ashamed of the poor workmanship employed in what amounted to a panel and bell fit.

1/ they removed the shunt lock, fair enough if they had installed a new lock.

2/ they removed the second leaf contact off the front door

3/ they cut all the spare cores out of every cable

4/ they replaced EOL values but i wish they had learned from how we fit these. Do some people wear gloves when terminating cables?

5/ why dont people fit cables to a panel via one aperture rather than weave cables in via every available orifice.

I came home tonight and looked them up. I have their panel and bell in my car and to start they have a NACOSS logo on the bell :no: .

Seems they have been snapped up by another company. Got out before things got too tough maybe.

Customers!

Archived