Security Installer Community

Proposed New Ip Camera System - Opinions

ncohen

i know for that price its not going to be the best, but if it does the job i'll be happy.

i dont want a market leader or a pro system, ill be happy with something that does the job and records the cameras, allows me to view it on my blackberry and iphone and view it via my browser.

i was expecting that responce tbh, cheap kit but hopefully will do the job!

unless you can recommend something around the £300 price range - i know a big change from the origional post lol!

£300

to be fair thats light for anything decent, but just to be clear how many cameras?

recording time is based on hard drive size and motion intelligence.

But i do have to say if you want real cheap (and £300 is) why drive a beemer?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

6 cameras, but they are old cameras.

i look at it this way, if i was going to spend a lot on a dvr than i would go ip, to go ip i need to change all the cameras, therefore will have a big cost associated with it £2.5-3k ish atleast.

no point spending more than £300 on a dvr when the one linked to will do whats required and when the time comes to upgrade the cost of replacing the current old system will be minimal. But if i spend £1000 for example on a dvr, when i upgrade it will become an added expense as i will have to replace it.

its not about being cheap, money is spent when needed. ill chuck in a cheap dvr, it wil record and be able to view on my phone and pc...im happy. not the best of qualities out there but will come to that when the prices of cameras come down, which is inevitable with the way technology is.

Hope that makes sense, it does in my head :)

yep

but then tomorrow always brings better. You do need to decide what you need for now, and then spend as required. I really must advise against buying on spec and price alone. As i said you know this already by the car you drive. Nice car btw

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

you could always use a single midspan closer to the camera. I keep one in the car now as its needed to connect the laptop to the camera for setting up - focusing etc.

Missed this one sorry, but it is what I said about local supplies, and an alternative. I wonder though is it a more expensive one? The cameras on show all had dc sickets for power, I could not er why a midspsn made sense, and forgot to ask if I'm honest lol!

Arfur

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

yeah it does make sense to a point. How long do you want tis temp dvr to run before you replace it?

LJD dvr's which are cheap, have run on several jobs for over 10 Years, replaced a few fans just the same happens on DM kit.

Your argument for maga pixel cameras us flawed, you missed I said for 24 hour observation they're fine, after an intrusion now it's down to Police to find the culprit, why i vlearly said it is better to deter.

Mega pixel will come down in price, currently it is anything from 3 times more expensive upwards. Ask yourself, is it required to see if your intruder has blackheads or warts @ 50 feet? and sensible to pay the price of it? When the lower light sensitivity is far poorer requiring extra cost of extra lighting on a familily house security budget..

Sorry James, but we could fall out over your country mile outburst it is applying a ridiculous logic, when those cameras become cheaper, the next gen will be dearer, on your logic he should then rip them out, he would be daft as a brush if he did on a domestic unless he is fibbing about the picaso's.

An 8 camera system using budget but decent kit, bought for self fit can be had for £1000.00, and if set up and sited correctly be perfectly adequate for the intended purpose right up to use as court evidence quality.

Arfur

yeah i understand that, but care to show me something else that will get me by for a low price :)

nice car too!

tbh you could get in a company to fit it using LAN cable for your original budget and have change, you nor happy you beat them up :).

Later, you can use those cables on ip camera kit if you so feel the need. I have budget analogue lit on jewellers shops, kit used has never ever let the client down and never any moans about image quality, I gave had components ftom CPO's.

So, go get some quotes, have some 1st hand experienced advice to your needs which will be free. You can invite for instance, James and me ;)

Guaranteed a floor show at least lol!

Arfur

Archived