Security Installer Community

Proposed New Ip Camera System - Opinions

ncohen

the qnap 2012 pro will only run upto 8mp in total. so your cameras will not work unless you only use some 1mp and 1.3mp to run more you will need a sever extention.

i would also look at the way that you want it to connect to your tv...... if you have vga input then that is fine. so if you are going to spend alot of money on the qnap 2012 pro i would look at the total you need in ip cameras first if you are over 8mp i would look at something else

Where does it say that?

Where does it say that?

The VS-2012 Pro VioStor NVR is the 2-bay network surveillance system for security applications in small and medium sized companies (SMB) and SOHO. The Linux-based system supports PC-less quick configuration, monitoring of IP cameras over the network, and video playback by connecting a monitor to the built-in VGA connector, a USB keyboard, and a USB mouse. It also supports 12-channel H.264, MPEG-4, M-JPEG , MxPEG, recording from popular IP camera brands, including AXIS, ACTi, A-MTK, Arecont Vision, AVTECH, Brickcom, Canon, Cisco, CNB, DIGITUS, D-Link, EDIMAX, ELMO, EtroVision, GANZ, Hikvision, iPUX, IPX, IQeye, LevelOne, Linksys, Messoa, MOBOTIX, NAKAYO, Panasonic BB/ BL/ i-Pro, SANYO, SHANY, SONY, TOA, TOSHIBA, TRENDnet, Videosec, VIOSECURE, VIVOTEK and Y-CAM.

Powered by dual-core Intel© Atom™ processor and 1GB memory, the VioStor NVR is capable of megapixel recording (up to 8-megapixel) from multiple IP cameras or video servers. The unique multi-server monitoring feature allows monitoring of up to 120 IP cameras from multiple QNAP NVR servers at the same time. No extra software is required.

Archived