Security Installer Community

Ade Gen4 - Alarm On Mains Powering Up?

mib150

only fibre I've ever dealt with came out a box marked kellogs.....

or bnc plug pulls off

gave up crimping bnc's, found the cheaping off of cable meant there where oftend not enough screen or jacket left to get a decent connection, there a bit of numb size but use twist on's

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

oddly no,

started off with twists that I recycled to be the ends on test leads noticed that I nolonger had to wiggle or redo after dragging them around on site, been using for just over a yr w/o issue

crimps & tools where from dynamic, thought about different brands but took the easy route

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Think ok for F plugs, but with coax IMHO you simply can't beat a solid crimp plug, most case's I have had to replace with crimps, so only use them for temp hook ups these days.

As for braid, decent cable using the proper stripping tool it is fine, also where the sparks has run in satellite cable, having a thicker inner, taking a leaf from f plugs, I dispense with the brass 'bullet', which you can't do on a twister :).

Arfur

must admit looked at sky man putting on f plug & thought, idiot proof..

(not sure where i'm going with that H)

Case proven by guinea pig lol!

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Might be the crimp tool I suppose but if your test patch has worked that well for that long perhaps I shouldn't dismiss them. We mainly use utp now but twists would be a lot easier. Do you cut manually or use a tool?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

always used a stripper for crimping, latter tried hand cutting to see if I could improve tightness,

now twists I started this way:-

"toggle tool" to cut outer jacket, fold a bit, rive off ,twist screen together, cut inner jacket with stanley knife, trim screen & conductor to size with side cutters

post-17668-000592100 1289742871_thumb.jp

piccy of tools (have I got the wrong kit?)

toggle tool was given to me yrs ago as a freebie great for FP, Flex ect....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

The tool your using is ok for striping Cat5e if used carefully 3 core flex etc. but for coax there is 2 types I have.

one is like a clothes peg, very simple clip on and ring, then pull to strip and there are 2 versions 8 mm & 10 mm deoends on your plugs,

RG59 Cable Stripper

(Model: RG59CS)    £15.00

another has a wrap arround design abd adjustable slide to give different depth if cut, handy fir ciax of different OD's.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TV2145.html?source=adwords&kw=coax+stripper&gclid=CIuHzpvPoKUCFdD-2AodUxgDJQ

both have twin blades adjusted by hex grub screws.

Available from ADI GARDINER or just about any CCTV outlet, iirc £15 ish! (had mine a long time) well with the money as they give a clean undamaged finish.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived