Security Installer Community

Ade Gen4 - Alarm On Mains Powering Up?

mib150

i use the right hand side one, £3 something from cpc,

Andy, think cpc is not your friend

Was referring to left hand one.

But even then, half the price of TLC.

Trick with CPC is to keep an eye on the discount brochures they send out. Stuff can often be half price.

left one is from other piccy, right is old one which I never gone round to repairing,

post-17668-038459000 1289749134_thumb.jp

old one was the one I prefered with 2 blades

To dark to wet to got to van and find, but mine do just RG59, made of fairly heavy black plastic. T bh for one of 2 plugs then knife and cutters but up at the camera or doing the dvr end, they save s lot of time.

Arfur

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Was referring to left hand one.

But even then, half the price of TLC.

Trick with CPC is to keep an eye on the discount brochures they send out. Stuff can often be half price.

absolutely

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Funny enough never got on with those cutters, tend to just use side cutters and crimps.

As long as your careful the joint is just as if not neater.

Supoose its what your more comfortable with.

various available on flea bay, many from HK, but xmas post means slow delivery.

if no tool available, the 'hooked' stanley carpet blade works well for cutting the outer, you just have to be so careful not to knick the inner core when stripping the second insulator of or it will likely fracture.

other 'get out of jail' tips, so you forgot your punch down tool for IDC connections? a real bugger when doing the patch panel, some i've seen some trying to push wires down using a terminal driver, oft as not messing up the connector :banned: , so use a mica loyalty or phone card or the back of the stanley knife blade (having but put some tape over the sharp edge kiddies :rolleyes:) .

Arfur

now twists I started this way:-

"toggle tool" to cut outer jacket, fold a bit, rive off ,twist screen together, cut inner jacket with stanley knife, trim screen & conductor to size with side cutters

just abt what i do for crimps.

stanley blade, cutters & ratchet chrimper

for CAT5e, i remove about 2" of outer, then to remove the 'frizing' i run each core over a screwdriver shaft, while pressing wih my thumb to get them good and straight, sort them into order.

with ends facing away, orange/White to the left, and plug with lever downwards, while holding the cores between index and thumb, square cut the cores, using crimper tool so about 8-10mm of the cores is left showing.

present into plug and push hard, checking the cores slides in and all pin channels are well filled up.

squash down hard. test and all done.

beauty of having network anyliser over a simple LED tester, is it can detect an open pin by measuring each cable legnth, so you can check before making off other end when making patch leads up, ot if doing the cabilnet all 8 wires are making contact.

highly recommend the Fluke 520 for this,onl rated at CAT5 but cheap enough off ebay and ideal for initial testing/fault finding even with alarm cables using a breakout box.

Arfur

Archived