Security Installer Community

Which Panel?

theres a ahortage of componets as factorys have closed due the market being on its behind, a number of control panel makers

have been effected by this,my current supplier has issues with faulty kit due to sourcing componets that ain't as good as what they used to get....

I've never used MDT,

Thats exactly what the manufacturers told me this morning as to why availability was so poor at present

Anyone was to come forward to the MDTs defence before I banish all thoughts of it?

i don't know the panel, but to use obscure make of kit risks leaving you exposed a down the line fo a problem, this i think you have already sussed out reading your 1st post.

as for fobs, Gardtec G490, or G595 can have wireless bolted on via an interface, or completely wireless imho the brilliant Agility (now with white RKP), but none are panels i'd suggest to the less or very inexperienced.

words of caution, whatever kit you buy please be sure you can understand and fault find after, you will likely be his best mate in the world for doing it cheap, but your are also risking being the biggest plumb in the world if it plays, and you can't fix it having 'charged him all that money'.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You make some good points there Arfur, I dont understand your point regarding wireless though, all my kit can/will be hard wired

My main desire is LCD Prox keypads (easy to set and shows the client whats hes done ie set/unset)

Remote access would be advantageous as he lives around 40 miles away and there was any issues, it would also be handy in the event he wasnt sure if he had set the system, (I could log in and check for him)

it would also be handy in the event he wasnt sure if he had set the system, (I could log in and check for him)
be careful of the implications of being able to dial in both without customer authorise (on site) and worse still when the system is set.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

You make some good points there Arfur, I dont understand your point regarding wireless though, all my kit can/will be hard wired

My main desire is LCD Prox keypads (easy to set and shows the client whats hes done ie set/unset)

Remote access would be advantageous as he lives around 40 miles away and there was any issues, it would also be handy in the event he wasnt sure if he had set the system, (I could log in and check for him)

Try the Castle Care-Tech Euro Mini: 10 Zone SEOL, DEOL or 9 Zone Closed loop with Global tamper. Used it a few times for domestic & had no problems so far, can be bought with LCD/prox keypads or standard LCD only. Available from Security Warehouse at a good price. No remote access facility, but as has been already said: Be very wary about using this option. Have also used MDT kit in the past at customers request but have been totally unimpressed with it.

Andy

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

scantronic Ion 40 good for tags and can do wirelss fobs, easy set for customer, use existing hard wirsd and expand wirless if required good range of detectors have been happy with most (95%) that we have installed :rolleyes:

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

wireless was mentioned as an added alternative to wired,

you may have needed to cover an area where hiding cables would be a challenge, often a hi-brid wired/wireless option is a good solution to consider..

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived