Security Installer Community

Which Panel?

So thats another nod :yes:

Scantronic definately has a better rep than MDT...... :hmm:

scanny (scantronic) kit is well established and certainly better known than you original fancy, but as for 'better' hmmm!.

me not being a die hard fan of scanny especially the lower end offerings, unless we have tried one how could we really say?

your heading into the realms of individual engineers personal preference here on in. i don't use Texecom panels, but would advise (if asked) they are imho a much better option any day (over Scanny). i use Gardtech, not loved by all but for my needs and reliability they are superb, programming can be challenging even for the experienced engineer let alone a veritable keen novice.

you have to make a decision, like buying a car you can research makes and models into the ground, buy what you thinks the best - to find the bugger gives the wife backache or the smell of the interior causes you nausea.

Arfur

//btw as you have the analyser - can you make my Sinclair C5's go any faster?//

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Arf.

IMHO at the bottom end the texecom units are now old and tired. ie veritas, excel etc.

However the scantronic and castle panels are far more modern, better suited to the current market trends and still proven. to me people only use the veritas cos they always just have etc. Apart from the grading issue i think the accenta's are better panels.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I`ll probably buy 2 x kits (9651 panel and prox keypads)

Easy programmed sounds good, has anyone any experience of using this panel with the optional scantronic built in digital communicator (as opposed to connecting it to a stand alone Texecom speech/text dialler?)

If your gonna go the scanny route, would suggest (dont know what prices your paying, based on what we pay):

get either homelink55 (=9751en, 9943 prox keypad & if not using wireless kit ebay the rfx that comes with it), or get 9751en which comes with 9943 prox keypad.

the 9651 comes with 9941 keypad (no prox) and does not have built in digi (unlike 9751, though you'll need an arc connection to use it).

Also 9651 has max 8 zones, 9751 can be extended with hwx extenders (or the wireless rfx) to 24 zones.

You can use either panel with standalone speech diallers.

Arf.

IMHO at the bottom end the texecom units are now old and tired. ie veritas, excel etc.

However the scantronic and castle panels are far more modern, better suited to the current market trends and still proven. to me people only use the veritas cos they always just have etc. Apart from the grading issue i think the accenta's are better panels.

think my dislike f 'modern' scanny stems from the cheap unit with nasty on-board keypad,.and the pcb and so wring on back of hinged lid (9542? boydo i hate that sort of designmad.gif ).

about 7 years ago i did a batch of 17 of them on a block of flats when original installers disappeared, they had used one on the showroom so the agent insisted against my advice on the rest being the same - even though the showroom panel had died rolleyes.gif.

i've swapped out 6 for CPX's since, other i know of several not working but owners not bothered about having the alarm.

would add, i hate the veritas and ascenta's too ;)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived