Security Installer Community

Menvier Sd1+ Problems

JWElect

True, I didn't read that bit ....................................ooooooopppss

lol

Although having just read it, he says it does try to hang up and redial when listening in on extn handset, only reason it cant hang up is becasue extn handset is off hook

yer, didnt think, guess op hasnt wired for line seizure

Hi, Sorry was away their getting my dinner. I was going to buy a new dialer to try it in the morning but having read this I think I might try what has been mensioned above first.

Also, I did try the dialer on the negative triger of the strobe also but this made no difference.

Hpotter, Afaik the line is not wired for line seizure (although I am not 100% sure what this is, Im assuming that this means the dialer cuts all connections if the line is in use and then dials out???)

Thanks for the help here guys, Its appreciated!

Hi, Sorry was away their getting my dinner. I was going to buy a new dialer to try it in the morning but having read this I think I might try what has been mensioned above first.

Also, I did try the dialer on the negative triger of the strobe also but this made no difference.

Hpotter, Afaik the line is not wired for line seizure (although I am not 100% sure what this is, Im assuming that this means the dialer cuts all connections if the line is in use and then dials out???)

Thanks for the help here guys, Its appreciated!

Hope dinner was good. Being mere alarm eng - not electrician, my family take turns each day to eat :)

Line seizure means dialler gets line from nte5, then sends it back to nte5 via relay, so as you deduced, cuts off other kit if alarm goes off...

have a play tommorow, see how you get on.

Hope dinner was good. Being mere alarm eng - not electrician, my family take turns each day to eat :)

Line seizure means dialler gets line from nte5, then sends it back to nte5 via relay, so as you deduced, cuts off other kit if alarm goes off...

have a play tommorow, see how you get on.

LOL, There is more to the alarms than there is to doing the electrical work, and the money is no better either m8!! I will have another play tomorrow. I will try putting th etrigger directly onto -applied and adding an adsl filter. Failing that I`ll get a new one and try that.

Thanks for the advice !

be sure its a bt line too. sky do have a lot of llu exchanges. and if its a next gen line that may be an issue. i wouldnt of thought so unless the line volts was way off...maybe.

bb filter is my 2p

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks JamesW and everyone else too. Hopefully it is the adsl filter and im not playing about with it for too long tomorrow. If I cant get it going can anyone recommend a "simple" to install dialer that someone like myself who doesnt have a great deal of knowledge in installing alarms could install.

Thanks.

P.s, I must say this is a good site. Im impressed with the responces I have got and also the speed in which I have got them. I will stick around here after I get this problem solved!

SD1 is pretty simple TBH. As the others its more likely in need of a BB filter.

You have got it to trigger so its probably wired correctly.

Archived