Security Installer Community

Menvier Sd1+ Problems

JWElect

Hi all, I am looking for some advice with a problem I have been having with a system I have installed. I am not an alarm expert, I am a niceic registered electrical contractor and would install a 5-10 systems each year.

Yesterday I went to do an install of a pyronix sterling 10 with 8 PIR`s, external sounder, keypad, internal speaker and an autodialer (Menvier SD1+) I installed it yesterday and connected it up. I went back this morning to programme it. All went fine until it came to the autodialer, It seemed to be fine, I triggered the alarm and it started dialing the stored numbers. However the problem is that it keeps hanging up after 2 rings meaning the recipients cannot acknowledge the alarm. It rings for a few seconds then cuts off and starts to dial the next number. Lifting the other phone in the house when it is dialing results in the dialer actually making the call as it connot hang itself up, however you can here that it tries to abort the call after a few seconds and then you here it dailing the next number. I am really puzzled as to what this problem is, I have been trying to sort it since 10am this morning and am no furthur to having it fixed.

My connections seem right, ve+ to ve+ / ve- to ve- / tamper to tamper and the -trigger if from the panel "alarm" to C

I have checked everything and connot find the solution, The only other thing I can think is that I have hard wired it into the telephone master socked and somehow the broadband is interfering with it? would it need to be plugged into an adsl filter rather than hard wired?

no worries i just happen to login just after you posted.

If you unplug the router it will help on the bb. ALternativly to test just use a plug in filter and an old phone lead.

There was a spate some time ago of problems with orange mobiles. Not sure if i remeber what that was mind..

Is it a bt line? or another provider?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi, I actually unplugged the router and the same problem still accoured. I tried it with a few different numbers on various networks. O2, Vodafone & Tmobile. The same probs still accoured also. The line is a BT line run by sky (not 100% sure who he pays the line rental to tho)

I reckon the problem is that you have connected input C to the 'alarm' terminal, this is a digi output which is usually a positive removed output, the SD1 is looking for negative applied by default, an easy way to test is to remove from the 'alarm' terminal and connect direct to 0v, if ok connected to 0v reconnect to the 'alarm' terminal but fit a resistor between 'alarm' and 0v, a lot of digi outputs float and dont connect to 0v, the resistor will pull the output down to 0v.

You will definately need an adsl filter also

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

bb is always on, dont matter about router, think of it as comms for dog whistles lol.

Try sending test to a landline.

Breff, why is it going through with extn handset lifted?

True, I didn't read that bit ....................................ooooooopppss

Although having just read it, he says it does try to hang up and redial when listening in on extn handset, only reason it cant hang up is becasue extn handset is off hook

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived