Security Installer Community

Menvier Sd1+ Problems

JWElect

There is a KNOWN issue with the recent version of the SD1+ and the supply voltage.

If you remove any speakers from the system you will find the problem is resolved. It’s down to noise passed though the common 0V on panels. You should contact Cooper and speak to Luke who will confirm this and explain repairs replacement procedures.

With the Dialers, it seems like they missed of a capacitor to stabilise the supply voltage and the tiny noise passed on, corrupts the call sequence.

Another alternative which is not advisable is to take a 12 feed direct from the battery via an inline fuse which will also fix the issue.

And Yes Cooper has done is again, taken a good products and messed it up.

There is a KNOWN issue with the recent version of the SD1+ and the supply voltage.

If you remove any speakers from the system you will find the problem is resolved. It’s down to noise passed though the common 0V on panels. You should contact Cooper and speak to Luke who will confirm this and explain repairs replacement procedures.

With the Dialers, it seems like they missed of a capacitor to stabilise the supply voltage and the tiny noise passed on, corrupts the call sequence.

Another alternative which is not advisable is to take a 12 feed direct from the battery via an inline fuse which will also fix the issue.

And Yes Cooper has done is again, taken a good products and messed it up.

Not heard that one, till today, wonder why op got it sorted by fitting just a bb filter?

Maybe old stock, or got lucky?

What panels was Luke talking about and did that include prems?

Wonder if a 12v filter to sd1 supply will fix?

I came across the problem about 12 months ago. Had an SD1+ installed on a scanny 9651. Had this happen on 15 sites within 1 week. Got Luke out firstly to site and checked some basics. That’s when I found disconnecting the speakers worked and the battery feed. Then had some guy out from R&D, who designed the new platform with his oscilloscope and diagnosed that such a small amount of noise would interrupt the dial sequence. The noise present on the scanny panels is well below the acceptable levels and lower than other as well.

I haven't used an SD1+ for nearly 10 months now so can't be sure if the problem still exists. I know we sent back approximately 20 diallers from site and stock, then a further 15 from new deliveries which had not be modified with the capacitor which stabilises the incoming voltage.

Don't think a 12v filter works as the noise is less than 12v and untracable with a multi-meter.

Here is the technical bulletin

09_0003_SD1 210509.pdf

Not heard that one, till today, wonder why op got it sorted by fitting just a bb filter?

Maybe old stock, or got lucky?

What panels was Luke talking about and did that include prems?

Wonder if a 12v filter to sd1 supply will fix?

I would recommend the OP check the dialer in full alarm condition as the dialer tests fine with the onboard test feature.

Its the two rings that got the alarm bells ringing with me. As I mentioned we had 15 sites with the issue and involved BT, replacing panels, diallers cabling filters etc.

35 duff units........................

Your persistent.

20 replacements units had been ordered to replace stock and existing faulty units having wrongly been told they were modified working units.

I was called out to investigate the fault further after it a problem became evident. You know what its like, you try everything to resolve the issue.

20 replacements units had been ordered to replace stock and existing faulty units having wrongly been told they were modified working units.

I was called out to investigate the fault further after it a problem became evident. You know what its like, you try everything to resolve the issue.

with this later dialler, i wonder if a simple old fshioned decoupling of the supply would work?

not that you should really need to in this day and age, but you feed the 12 volts via a 2 watt 100 ohm resistor to the +Volts of the dialler, then fit a cap say 1000uf 35 wkg behind the resistor and across the supply terminals to the dialler.

any supply 'wobbles' are smoothed by by the capacitor.

works well on detectors which have a longish cable run from the central PSU

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived