Security Installer Community

Menvier Sd1+ Problems

JWElect

Imho I think It's a SD1+ fault!-if it's receiving a 'trigger' it would either see it as such or do nowt I reckon!.

Being as it's doing something when the input is received-all be it cutting out after two rings-it is acting on that trigger!-to start and then stop the dial attempts points to something else I reckon-software loop?.

Again imho the Tex dialler is better-4 inputs,8 contact number,software settings for pos or neg input-and easier user/installer interface.

Power down, do factory reset/short pins etc and take it from there-software glitch perhaps!-seem to remember from my distant past having the same sort of problem........

More good points m8, After hours of head scratching today I came to the conclusion that it was just faulty. Also, I did a factory reset on it a few times today, twice with the jumper pins and once using the reboot whilst holding in the 9 button.... Neither made any difference.

are you silencing the alarm before the calls have gone through? There is an abort option that stops the dialler in case of false alarms.

No, not silencing the alarms m8, I have tried it by arming/activating the alarm and also by testing the communicator output (function 3-0-1 in engineer mode). This tests it without having to set the alarm. Both ways are giving the same problem. I dunno, It has really got to me. Felt like smashing it today..... Planned on being there 2 hours this morning, came home at 4pm and had been there all day and its still not going

ok what im meaning is the output staying active. If its pulsing ie 10 secs on etc then off, then the dialler would start and the removal of the trigger (if programmed for abort) would cancel the dial. The fact its working on test shows it may not be line related.

It also shows its no real test at all ;)

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

lol your gonna be giving the poor bloke a headache.~

Disconnect SD1 completly

Power up with pins shorted

Reprog

Trigger with hard neg and hold on. With Broad band filter get it to dial your mobile if its easier.

If that does not work its the unit

If it does reconnect trigger to alarm output , should be job done.Tip disconnect the bell trigger to stop cheesing off the neighbours

:D

ok what im meaning is the output staying active. If its pulsing ie 10 secs on etc then off, then the dialler would start and the removal of the trigger (if programmed for abort) would cancel the dial. The fact its working on test shows it may not be line related.

It also shows its no real test at all ;)

I thought this myself mate. Thats why I switched it to the neg applied strobe (I thought this would have had a permanent trigger although I Still had the same prob). I read that it can be programmed for abort. Maybe this is the problem. Didnt see anything about how to change these setting though

Disconnect SD1 completly

Reprog

Trigger with hard neg and hold on. With Broad band filter get it to dial your mobile if its easier.

If it does reconnect trigger to alarm output , should be job done.Tip disconnect the bell trigger to stop cheesing off the neighbours

QFA lol :yes: give me R1+R2 etc and tripping times anyday mate!

Disconnect SD1 completly

Reprog

I`ve had a proper headache from about 1pm today, I am greatful for all the answers here as hopefully they are going to provent me from gettinganother one tomorrow.

I will try this in the morning, I am giving it 1H to try all the recommendations here, If I cant get it going within that time im going to try a new one. Oxo, Say it does work on the hard neg, what would my options be for connecting it to the panel if the proper output isnt work correctly?

If you are really struggling, I would use a transistorised relay. Trigger the relay from the bell output (permanent positive and negative switched via the bell trigger output).

You can then send a negative through the relay contacts (negative to common, dialer trigger input to normally open)

When the relay fires, you get a hard negative straight to the dialer trigger.

Simples!

Transistorised Relay

Trade Member

Archived