Security Installer Community

Replacing Optima Xm With Optima Compact Gen4

Forsh

Hi All :) first post be gentle ;)

I diy fitted an Optima XM about 15 years ago

Now Wifey wants a Bing Bong chime on the front door as a Childminding safeguard, the XM doesn't have that option.

Plan is to replace it with an ADE Optima Compact Gen4 control panel and add an additional keypad at the rear patio door

(old XM will be used for the garage)

Basically I'm looking for any pitfalls there may be and to be armed with solutions for a simple replacment

Entry via front door is via door contacts and hallway PIR (zone 1 & 2)(control panel next to front door) will there be any issues with the PIR zone covering the patio doors when using the remote keypad and will I be better with additional contacts on the doors (non at present)and can any zone be programmed to timed rather than instant?

Thanks for reading

:)

Booooooooo Hisssssssssssssss

Bad panelsgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shut it Mr W you know I hate em!

your not alone trust me ;)

would say, apart from corner shops the chime soon gets turned off once the novely wears off, you will forget it and wake bay up, can't sneak off for a crafty pint etc.

get a child gate - be way cheaper and more effective and reliable,

or electrify the front door appeals //exit stage right emiting evil kackle//

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

for what they are (bottom end panels) they are fine for that market. Granted if you can afford a better panel then go fo it, but if all you need is a basic bottom end panel they are fine IMHO. We used to use the old optima in BS4737 days, got loads of em installed.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The onyl problem we ever had with optima's was them 'locking up' as you say. We found this was caused by the strobe in the sounder we were using at the time. If we removed the strobe they didnt crash. The manuafacturer altered the design (it was western technologies) to move the strobe drain wire connection further away from HO- (IIRC)

There arnt many realtivly well featured panels left with on board keyboard. Honestly have a look at the gen4, remeber its honeywell now not ade, it really is a fine basic panel.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived