Security Installer Community

Replacing Optima Xm With Optima Compact Gen4

Forsh

bet you liked them because they locked up :)

no, i like mine because - works like a spider webb against for when the strifes mother visits on her broom!

Arfur

:P

whoops did not see James post lol! - but still true about the child gate ;)

The onyl problem we ever had with optima's was them 'locking up' as you say. We found this was caused by the strobe in the sounder we were using at the time. If we removed the strobe they didnt crash. The manuafacturer altered the design (it was western technologies) to move the strobe drain wire connection further away from HO- (IIRC)

There arnt many realtivly well featured panels left with on board keyboard. Honestly have a look at the gen4, remeber its honeywell now not ade, it really is a fine basic panel.

B&Q?

Arfur

//washers mouth out with soap//

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for the input guys :)

If the new panel provides the service and reliability of the old one then I'll be happy with the £30-odd outlay

Wife wants a chime so gets a chime but when it is turned off i'll still have the advantage of the RKP by the patio door, ;) if it was just about the chime then I'd get one of these

220px-Doorbell_shop_netherlands.jpg

:D

for what I need it does what it does

:)

noted ;)

I'll be needing a battery for the panel too - is it a case of bigger is better?

Toolstation do a 1.2ah for £7.98 and 2.3ah for £8.98

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/Batteries/Sealed+Lead+Acid+Battery+12v+12Ah+97x43x58mm/d190/sd2450/p29879

I'm thinking if they both physically fit then the 2.3Ah for an extra quid is the one to go for?

:)

For all their faults they were a good v basic panel, zillions out there, and the best bit was they made sure newer versions pcb would slot in old pcb place so no need to change back panel. great for service engineers :)

Dunno if your G4 will do same.

Personally I'd pay a little extra for something thats graded & with fsl.

Archived