Security Installer Community

Replacing Optima Xm With Optima Compact Gen4

Forsh

shouldn't apply but duely noted

:)

just thought as I have ignored the tamper on all internal PIRs could I use the RKP tamper wires for the door contact circuit or just not worth it as it's as easy to run two 6 core as one

:)

Great, see you always learn something new every day.

Been in this game for over 27 years or so and you always learn more day by day.

Glad we can assist.

Err run tampers whenever you can. It might seem a PITA but it will serve you well in the future

generally LCD keypads give real English reports, LED will give you get C4 flasing (circuit 4) BT (Box Tamper) as example., tends to be easier to program and fault find with LCD.

has to be said for the people with poor eysight sometimes the LED rkp is easier to read in dark locations or without glasses, pays yer money takes yer choices, not uncommon to have an LCD keypad downstairs with LED on landing.

please don't run away with the idea if you have a diagram you can make it work, many sparks have failed believing that, while the chosen panel is fairly easy by cpmparriosn, the higher up the scale panel, programming is more exotic if your to get the full use as such.

early days the only 24 hour tamper would be on the external bell, tbh tampers, although as James says do protect the systems integrity from surreptitious attack by say a rougue painter when not set, but you'd need to e covering valuables that can attract that grade of capability or skilled intruder, your on calculation as we have no idea about you valuables.

imo they serve more as early warning if a cable has been broken, like when new carpets go down or a detector lid gets dislodged during decorating etc. so well worth having but not absolutely essential i'd guess in your situation, without knowing more.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived