Security Installer Community

Replacing Optima Xm With Optima Compact Gen4

Forsh

Arf, i find it strange that you recommend budget cctv as its better than nothing, yet unless im confused, you recommend a higher end intruder panel?

no. i recommend higher value cctv kit if they can afford it, but don't turn you nose up at budget kit, especially if installed by a pro, which will likely be better than most diy installs

i don't like the low end AD&E/Honeywell opitma rang because of the freezing issues, and to easy to set chime on for zones by accident, but i don't say go out and buy a gal or tex panel either (especially with an RA ;) )..

hope that explained it properly without browbeating of denigrating the o/p, who may well also have the level of ability to do a decent job of it, if not the experience we pros offer.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for the input guys :)

If the new panel provides the service and reliability of the old one then I'll be happy with the £30-odd outlay

Wife wants a chime so gets a chime but when it is turned off i'll still have the advantage of the RKP by the patio door, ;) if it was just about the chime then I'd get one of these

220px-Doorbell_shop_netherlands.jpg

:D

for what I need it does what it does

:)

a classic response - brilliant!

not sure if it was true and can't find the reg before anyone starts:rolleyes:, the story about NASA, spending 5 years and $2m on a pen design that will write in space, glasnost comes about so NASA offer Rusky astronauts one, while beaming with national pride of such a technological achievement, Ruskie without batting an eyelid replies " Vee use da pencil". :P

superb

Arfur

i dont disagree arf and the panel that had those issues was replaced a long long time ago. gen4 excellent vfm for the non approved install IMHO

i quite like them

might be, everyone's got favourite panels for this o/p as you say this later one should be fine.

you know i'm a big fan of iD, and that was made originally by AD&E, always thought it odd they could release a panel with bugs after such advanced technology.

would not be for me even being an 'unapproved' grrrr! non registered, tend to stick with G595 for all wired or Hi Brid radio, then if it go's response later, not much needs altering, but imo bit above a DIY's skill sets as a panel.

Arfur

gimme a wiring diagram and I'll have a go!

As for what's needed then, with endorsement from JW ;), the Optima Gen4 would seem to suit the bill - straight swap, cheap enough, adequate upgrade.

I think I've even got the wiring route sussed for the RKP... which reminds me, does the RKP have a connection for a zone (something I read elsewhere on this site but probably got the wrong end of the stick of a different system) or would it just be a case of running two wires back to the panel (one RKP & one for patio door contacts)?

awesome site guys - cheers:D

no there isnt any zones on the keypad

But you need 6 cores for the keypad

pair for data, pair for power, pair for tamper.

You 'could' run an 8 core, series the tamper (its global anyway) and have a spare pair for your additional sensor.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

super rapid response! thank JW,

I have the 6 core already so I'll run two of them

Just do not NEVER EVER IN ANY FORM run the speaker cable with the data line.

You have been warned.

sorry Oxo I don't understand - Speaker cable? :hmm:

Archived