Security Installer Community

Gardtec 360 / 370

Hello there

I am new to the site and would appreciate some help with a problem.

A month ago an idiot (Me) cut an old cable, it was the cable to the Bell Box, to silence the alarm I removed the BB cover and saw nothing Switchable, I replaced the cover, removed the Alarm Box cover, I removed the battery and fuse.

As my daughter (whose house and alarm it is) was having a baby (Beautifull Granddaughter) I have only just had the chance to (try to) repair the Alarm.

I used a cable joining strip to reconnect the wires (colour to colour & rechecked) reconnected the battery and reinserted the fuse closed panel.

I entered the alarm code (the code has been in use for 3 years since daughter bought house) and alarm goes off with bb flashing on keypad, re-enter code and alarm goes off, I am sure that the tamper spring in the Bell Box is in place and that the wires are ok.

Do I need a engineers/Master code to reset the system or am I doing something wrong.

Obviously I am not an Alarm engineer, but I can assemble a computer, hopefully with a bit of advice I will be able to sort it, there are 5 PIRs connected to the system

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Kevin

Guest RJBsec

Bellbox fuse probably blew when the cable was cut - replace with a new fuse (watch 240-volt mains supply, isolate before opening the panel).If you did replace the fuse, check that it hasn't blown again, otherwise you probably did not refit the bellbox cover properly.

Do I need a engineers/Master code to reset the system or am I doing something wrong.

Kevin, it sounds to me like you need an engineer. Alarm circuitry is more complex than most people think. If it was a simple fix that's fine ..... but it looks like it isn't.

There's no magic code to fix the problem and if the alarm has been installed properly no-one on here would know the engineer code.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

BB is a bell box tamper. You have either not closed down all springs, switches dependant on the sounder or the negative return is incorrect (wiring).

Refit a new fuse if it blows it is wiring.

Check for a negative on the bell tamper return.

Or if unsure call an engineer.

cheers

PS quite a solid little panel usually.

Angus, if it isnt the fuse please tell us rather than be anal about a reply.

Norm,you might be right not played with a 3 or 5 series for ages. Think the lid tamper was the same as the bell tamper, nope Cb is the one for that.

Archived