ANPR charging by DD  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign up to it?

• YES
    • MAYBE
    • NO

Thats insurance companies for you.

Here is a good example.

I`m parked 20 mtrs back from a junction, facing the correct way and tight to kerb answering a call.Parked up engine off.

A bus ( single decker,) turned into the road and wandered into the oposite lane and hit my vechile. Witness statements were taken and provided to the insurers.

The outcome a 50/50 accident.

Work that one out, cost me £300 in excess with the company I worked for, needless to say never stayed there long!

I've just received form & letter from a Solicitors about my recent accident ..... What accident? I thought. .... then I read on.

It's about a crash in 2008 when a truck reversed into one of my vans when it was parked. I got settled without problems but now my insurers are having to sue the other insurers because although they accepted responsibility they won't cough uo £500.

I was asked to complete paperwork because they've got to sue them in my name. Bloody stupid if you ask me!

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

i concur and i did say a toughy,

a young girl working at the strifes firm a few years ago, got into grief in a similar way. i happened to be installing network cables and hooking in PC's, and heard she was being 'done' for careless driving and due in court that afternoon, i'm talking a really nice kid, too yung for me even back then, sort you'd be proud of as a daughter, an she was in bits with worry.

in Basildon there is a double set of lights followed by a pelican crossing, when you go east on Broadmayne. she had stopped all good and proper at the 2nd set, but then mistook the pelican lights going green for her set and moved of, resulting in being broadsided into a big smash.

at the time we lived close to this notorious junction, just by shear luck i knew the pelican lights were now fitted with these blinds which was after the crash, so suggested she tell the court what happened and that the council has now addressed it, thinking might just save her license but get a big fine.

next day, in she comes nearly wearing this white outfit, admit my eyes were popping, before i can ask how she got on she plants me with the biggest smacker i have ever had - right bang in front of the 'strife', then tells me she got let off scot free after she explained as i had suggested - not even a fine.

because she could possibly be jailed, judge said she had to have a court solicitor to represent her, he used the info to clear her.

the point of telling the above? we all sometimes stop for no reason just on overwhelming instinct, if you ignore you often regret it, if you don't allow for that the unexpected is waiting to snare you. this kid could have been that woman and you both could easily make the same mistake.

but whatever, at least thankfully you were safe and no one was really hurt, everything else is just an annoying inconvenience.

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 1 month later...

A guy hit the back of my car done on damage to me but the front of his new saab was in bits

my tow bar done all the damage. I said bad luck mate and left it at that.he has to fix his own

car. But the number of people that told me i was mad for not calming of him was unreal. :hmm:

you are wrong however if you have not informed your insurer.

absolutely agreed, very risky not to.

you don't loose no claims for doing so - if no claim is actually made, but i they decide to claim for some reason might even accuse you of deliberately reversing into them.

a scam happened to the wife last year after she had stopped at a 'T' junction, no damage to our car )Pug 307) but the one that hit hers was a 'shed' of an old Sierra, exchanged details as you do, the other driver then phoned up with an estimate of £1700.00 demand for repairs - guess who answered the phone.

said ok claim through insurance we have informed them, doubt you will get £200 if your lucky for that crate, it will go 50/50 you will loose tour N/C, we have protected so please feel free'.

just not her lucky day was it lol! ;)

we never heard anything more

Arfur

your on far weaker ground to defend if you have not informed (some have a time limit of 7 days).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

protected NCB is a waste of time/money, gives people a false sense of security but they can still increase your premium, just another way for insurance co's to make money. I also suggest you have a look as most load on a legal service in the small print and can be 20-30 squid per annum. Even if it's a no fault accident/incident it will make a difference to your premium as I found out when I told them I had killed a dog. Apparently although it was an incident with no cost to the insurer it still made a difference.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

My premium has almost trebled.

No claims, no incidents nothing. Interestingly, the wifes hasn't, same insurer too.

Although they can go fck themselves if i'll be renewing either with them.

Archived