Parking Congestion Charges And Fines

arfur mo

ANPR charging by DD  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign up to it?

• YES
    • MAYBE
    • NO

expanding on the idea just a tad, if the vehicle is company owned, then the parking could be billed direct, this would reduce the paper work and faff involved in reimbursement of employee's for instance, also a sneaky way of checking they were where they said they was and for how long ;).

It, or something similar, can be found in the CPC catalogue for summat around £250

That'll be the death of Trackers then?

Guest RJBsec

Sorry arf, my bad ... should have been co.uk not .com so correct link is Roadhawk

Last year I was stopped behind a woman driver at traffic lights ... traffic lights went to green and she pulled away, followed by me ... middle of the junction she spotted the red light for the opposing traffic and slammed on her anchors! I nudged her rear bumper, no injury, no damage, not even a mark (wasn't going fast enough!) but advised my brokers as a courtesy as she was 'moaning' about it.

As I nudged the back of her car, I am liable insurance wise, even though she wasn't paying attention to the road situation.

I was surprised last month at changing brokers to see a note that I had been involved in an accident carrying a settlement claim of £1500!

I knew that there was no damage so rang the insurer and asked how come they paid out £1500 ... "we didn't" they said, "we paid out £390" (I still know I didn't cause £390 damage) and when I questioned my broker they said "we just put in a nominal figure on cases like this"!

So be warned, insurance isn't always what it appears and 'evidence' may prove to be very necessary.

post-17425-024942000 1274871967_thumb.jp

post-17425-084693000 1274871986_thumb.jp

Sorry arf, my bad ... should have been co.uk not .com so correct link is Roadhawk

Last year I was stopped behind a woman driver at traffic lights ... traffic lights went to green and she pulled away, followed by me ... middle of the junction she spotted the red light for the opposing traffic and slammed on her anchors! I nudged her rear bumper, no injury, no damage, not even a mark (wasn't going fast enough!) but advised my brokers as a courtesy as she was 'moaning' about it.

As I nudged the back of her car, I am liable insurance wise, even though she wasn't paying attention to the road situation.

I was surprised last month at changing brokers to see a note that I had been involved in an accident carrying a settlement claim of £1500!

I knew that there was no damage so rang the insurer and asked how come they paid out £1500 ... "we didn't" they said, "we paid out £390" (I still know I didn't cause £390 damage) and when I questioned my broker they said "we just put in a nominal figure on cases like this"!

So be warned, insurance isn't always what it appears and 'evidence' may prove to be very necessary.

classic

Guest RJBsec

classic

Maybe but wet road and just moving off from lights with a clear road ahead - don't know about you but I always check right, that's all it took; would you expect someone to slam the brakes on under such circumstances?

Maybe but wet road and just moving off from lights with a clear road ahead - don't know about you but I always check right, that's all it took; would you expect someone to slam the brakes on under such circumstances?

Im always wary when I know Im behind a woman driver at a junction - they stop/brake for no reason - seen it many times now. Sorry ladies but its true.

Considering women are supposed to be the safer drivers, I cant help thinking that if women were bared for one day there would be a massive drop in collisions.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Always expect the unexpected.

Try being a Despatch Rider in London and lasting 5 yrs, the mortality rate or expected lifespan is 3 1/2 yrs.

Now you know why I have so many broken appendages over the yrs.

You shunt someone it your fault ( as you know).

Good trick if someone is tailgating you on the motorway ( and it is daylight) turn on your lights. At night use the fog light(s). They soon back off :D

Interestingly

Slam all on without looking in your rearview mirror in that scenario, or when say, approaching a pelican crossing with someone fannying around you will fail your Driving test. No ifs, no buts, fail.

toughy mate,

over the years i've done just the same, as i bet many others have. it's because you anticipate others actions, most time its fine but like here if the driver in front don't do whats anticipated and stps through over caution - wallop!

i've seen it happen so often at round-a-bouts, where the following driver expects the car in front not to slow, as there is no other traffic approaching, s foot down and surprise surprise - bang!.

no lecture here just what i advise anyone and the way i taught my kids to drive,

later years, i've now trained myself not to move forward or accelerate until i've properly looked back in the direction i'm going to go in, also have seen the car clearing the junction enough for me to stop, only when they are far enough off do i accelerate.

the above even more important when riding a fast accelerating maxi scooter/motor bike as i do, imo you simply must fix your attention on that vehicle's back bumper, not anticipate moving off. saved me many times, also when you get the //.B.W.F.// with no signals who changes their mind and don't turn of the exit before yours forcing an emergency stop.

Some countries you have to let others on to the RAB as with the Arc De-triumph (sorry if spelled wrong?) in Paris, in others you give way to those entering a main road from a side road.

seems mad to us may be, i have pondered and they have perhaps a better idea, simply because no one can assume the road in front is clear, the guy in front won't stop so you are forced to be far more alert.

Take the classic Mr/Miss Fluffy pasting on the slap, chatting on the phone while driving here Chelsea Tractor through Kensington High Street, if you pull out she has right of way so she is 'in the right' in a crash if you can't prove the sins, but if she knew that anyone had the right and could pull straight out from a side road without stopping, and she would then be at fault, perhaps this would reduce road accidents at a stroke.

and perhaps its lucky - i'm not the minister for transport rolleyes.gif

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest RJBsec

I think every time you go on the road you have to take certain things for granted, lots of things are technically right or wrong but if we did everything that way traffic would never move in a busy city - one thing I'm afraid I don't take for granted is a woman taking off on green and then stopping for the opposing lights!

This was not a case of tailgating - but even more of concern is the broker upping the claim x4!

Archived