the-oneil

Gardtec 490x Vs Galaxy G2-20  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I go for?

• Gardtec GT490x
    • Galaxy G2-20

• 3 weeks later...
The gardtec has a carbon monoxide ;)

Gardtec has all to offer but i used to think the Galaxy was hard to programme.......not now! The reason installers dont use Gardtec is that they find the panel hard to programme. Galaxy panels are easier to programme than Gardtecs! Opinion!

!

Oh come on James as i see it the Gal has it all built in where the Gardtec has other bits of equipment to install. wire up etc but compare the Gal G3 to the Gardtec 872........ the Gardtec is a lot harder to programme making it the installers choice because of the complex programme! Apart from theat i would choose Castle.

!

you would choose castle would you? for what reasons?

Cant really coment on the 872 as i have never programmed one.

We only support what we know well and carry parts for, so that castle and galaxy.

Anything else gets removed as while we 'can' get by with it, we cannot offer a high level of service, looking after just anything.

So i havnt really played much with any of the gardtecs. I have looked at the prosys but for the moment thats not for me either.

I agree however that the gals have a lot on board, but there are some peripherals needed soon. ie web server, x10 etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Gardtec has all to offer but i used to think the Galaxy was hard to programme.......not now! The reason installers dont use Gardtec is that they find the panel hard to programme. Galaxy panels are easier to programme than Gardtecs! Opinion!

I have always found the gal prog menu easier, but i like the fact people don't like the Gardtec ;)

you would choose castle would you? for what reasons?

Cant really coment on the 872 as i have never programmed one.

We only support what we know well and carry parts for, so that castle and galaxy.

Anything else gets removed as while we 'can' get by with it, we cannot offer a high level of service, looking after just anything.

So i havnt really played much with any of the gardtecs. I have looked at the prosys but for the moment thats not for me either.

I agree however that the gals have a lot on board, but there are some peripherals needed soon. ie web server, x10 etc.

What puts you off the prosys, bar the ugly keypad :lol: [new one out soon]

the gal is a more expenisve panel though

transvestite panel???

I hope it is also a more reliable panel.

it is reliable but not a diy panel (even if it can be sourced)

the gal cant the 490 can

unfortunately.. :(

No you dont need a sim card. The panel is connected to your phone line and dials your service provider and sends a text.

wow! didn't know this still exists..

Hold on!! I thought the advantage of the text message was, that if the phone line is cut or dead, you'd still be notified by text message. If the text is sent using the phone line, then it is effectively a speech dialer?

Is it true, that the text received would indicate which zone was triggered or if the smoke alarm is connected to the system, would the text message indicate this?

at least in case you use Guardall panel. just not very popular over there i think.. QX range is very flexible. our noncommercial customers sometimes uses the QX-panel to control this and that instead of home automation.

hum if reading this post right, i would scrap wired zones and fit visonic powermax pro with gsm modual as this will automaticly switch between land line and gsm if one or the other get cut, also has smoke and co2 i think, has digi comm on both but dose not have 24hour line monitoring so if some one blocks gsm and cuts bt line :hmm: not going to get all that kit just do over your house i would think? in less it is easy to get hold of gsm blockers? or your in poor area low gsm not even 2 bars or on a posh phones GPRS 2bars if you have EDGE bars or HSDPA bars you dont need to worry but make sure it is the same network that your going to use as sim. powermax pro only sends txt on gsm but will send voice digi on both

also you can get SD3 gsm voice dialler or GD06 dialler you program it up by txting it, very good unit rings your phone and makes alarm tone then sends you a txt with input that trigerd used a fuw one in remote grounds keeping shed and one in a property that was wating for a tenant and had no bt line.

if you want one that carnt be tamperd go for dualcom or redcare though redcare is

gd06 link http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog...products_id=702 will fit any system

scantronic 2ch reciver fits any alarm and connects to any scantronic detctors "Compatible Transmitters All Scantronic 700r Series radio transmitters" http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog...products_id=529

Archived