Security Installer Community

Battle Of The Control Units :)

the-oneil

Gardtec 490x Vs Galaxy G2-20  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I go for?

• Gardtec GT490x
    • Galaxy G2-20

Is all this going to be a DiY job or are you having it installed professionally?

I ask because you mention having a police response, you will not get that with a DiY system.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Is all this going to be a DiY job or are you having it installed professionally?

I ask because you mention having a police response, you will not get that with a DiY system.

Yer, good question. All seems a bit upsidedown to me.

Fobs for response, optional speech dialler?

TBO the best thing to do is find the firm you are happiest with and let them decide what panel etc. Or could end up deciding on firm by what eqpt they fit. Result : great kit, c##p system.

If its DIY then 2x wrong panels imo. Result : great kit, c##p system.

Previous threads show op is thinking of a professional install.

I'm going to have to say that installer equipment choice doesn't necessarily make it the best choice!

If your research shows that panel 'A' is the best panel then find an installer familiar with it and get them to do the job.

Professionally installed.

I'm going to have to say that installer equipment choice doesn't necessarily make it the best choice!

If your research shows that panel 'A' is the best panel then find an installer familiar with it and get them to do the job.

Agree with RJB here, I wanted to find out from you guys as professionals & enthusiasts which panel is best, then find an NSI or SSAIB approved installer who is familiar with these panels.

Guest old-hand

Agree with RJB here, I wanted to find out from you guys as professionals & enthusiasts which panel is best, then find an NSI or SSAIB approved installer who is familiar with these panels.

Use the gal.......!

Another bad takeover today!

System installed and serviced by major company:

• No fused spur - connection to fusebox on unmarked shared lighting fuse.
    Twisted joints, unsoldered in tape.
    External sounder not working (audible-only, last serviced Sept 08).
    Battery date changed from 1998 to 2008!

Customer 86 years old, probably says it all! :ranting:

Hope you research the firm as well as your effort into the panel.

I'm sure you'll end up with a good system.

(might be worth looking into panels that cant be locked out by installer, at least then you will truely have control - over your system that is)

Hope you research the firm as well as your effort into the panel.

I'm sure you'll end up with a good system.

(might be worth looking into panels that cant be locked out by installer, at least then you will truely have control - over your system that is)

As it turned up, it is much easier to research the panel than the installer :angry2:

All I can do is look for an NSI or SAAIB approved installer, and hope for the best :unsure:

I prefer a local installer, rather than a National one like ADT. But even then, how can you be sure?!

Could either of these panels be locked out by the installer?

Archived