Security Installer Community

Yale Ain't So Bad

fastalarms

I knew when I first posted that I would recieve posibly a frosty reception I even said so on the first post that it was likely to be a baptism of fire.

However I am very pleased to see that I have also found a place where I will be able to get good advice when needed. I have had a more positive response than negative so thanks to all for that.

I am in a catch 22 situation , even when I start adding the 6662 grade 2x systems I will still be battling against convention as insurers will insist on NACOSS or SSIAB to their policy holders so I will still have to try and work on price to gain business. its going to be another tough year and I will probably need to get a day job and run the alarms evenings and weekends until I reach that stage.

With the YALE stuff I only need to double my current level of installs to have a secure footing but wether that is possible I don't know as the market size is unknown to me as a newby. certainly some weeks I get six to do and then other weeks I get zilch.

Certainly the home alarm business is suffering from the credit crunch right now thanks to less people moving home. 50% of my clients are people who have been burgled the rest was split 25/25 with people who had moved house or people who decided they wanted am alarm before they get burgled. The people moving homes part has definately tailed off and certainly some alarm companies near me who were running a few vans and staff installing to new build estates with contracts will be laying off staff and activily seeking the same private clients I will be trying to get with the 6662 stuff I will be offering so I don't think it will be an easy ride.

Onse again thanks for your advice..you will be hearing from me when I get stuck installing a powermax.

The one thing that is for sure is they won't be as easy to install as the YALE. I hear the scanny ion16 is an easy install so hopefully my local supplier will have those in stock too.

cheers Mark

Oh and lastly ...

I have been on the coopersecurity site but there are no installation manuals to download for the i-on16.

I wish to start installing this system but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks Mark

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p;f=14&id=8

Oh and lastly ...

I have been on the coopersecurity site but there are no installation manuals to download for the i-on16.

I wish to start installing this system but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks Mark

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p;f=14&id=8

No probs I will ask at Garduner when I go get a system to play with first.

To all. I am reviewing the advice I give to clients.

Well done that man. Makes sense if your in the industry for the long haul.

I will probably need to get a day job and run the alarms evenings and weekends until I reach that stage.

Unfortunately alarms & customers have a habit of needing attention when inconvenient to the engineer.

Truely, this is not an industry that is easy to succeed in - despite (n heavens knows how many think 1000 maint @

Well done that man. Makes sense if your in the industry for the long haul.

Unfortunately alarms & customers have a habit of needing attention when inconvenient to the engineer.

Truely, this is not an industry that is easy to succeed in - despite (n heavens knows how many think 1000 maint @

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

• 7 years later...

A lot boils down to what the client can afford and preference. I've been installing visonic powermax for past 3 - 4 yrs, had very few problems, people turning their nose up at installation price now which is the average price. The Yale system can be purchased for just over half the price and does the same job as in protecting clients premises and notifying them too.