Security Installer Community

Honeywell Dual-tec Pir Wiring?

jontawn

Dear TSI!

Due to a few other things cropping up, i've just been back to site to finish the galaxy alarm panel i'm doing, and I kept getting tamper alarms on the PIR's every time someone walked past!?

The attached diagram is how the sensor's are wired at the moment, which is how I was advised to wire them (from honeywell)

Any thoughts / comments?

mucho thanks!

Jonathan ;)

Dear TSI!

Due to a few other things cropping up, i've just been back to site to finish the galaxy alarm panel i'm doing, and I kept getting tamper alarms on the PIR's every time someone walked past!?

The attached diagram is how the sensor's are wired at the moment, which is how I was advised to wire them (from honeywell)

Any thoughts / comments?

mucho thanks!

Jonathan ;)

Cant see any diagram..

Have you fitted the resistors properly?

Guest anguscanplay

just copy the one I did you .................. tamper or mask been signalled?........... drawing looks right - wrong resister value selected at panel maybe?

It should be attached now

cheeky bugger!! what resistor indeed!;)

is this happening on all detectors? and did you use the ressistor packs supplied? if so with your meter test the values are as the manual, very easy to mistake red for orange on small bodied resistors.

check also the zone attributes are not set to 24 hour, fire or pa s they are 'live' when the panel is switched off.

make sure all connections are tight, i've noticed when picking up faults behind engineers for a company i help out occasionally, the install engineer offers the resistors to the terminal blocks, but forgets to tighten the 'free' end of the ressistor after cabling, where there is no cable but the resistor is connected to the tamper contact terminal.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi Angus,

Hope your well!!

Yeah, I did (thats where the drawing came from, me, microsoft visio and a sensor!

It just doesnt make sense! all PIR's are set to intruder, default resistor value's (they havent been changed at all)

its tamper being signalled 'tamper o/c' when wired as in the drawing (also tried fresh cable from the panel to the sensor board (mounted in a spare housing) and i've checked the cover's sprung 'bit' is pressing on the little button!

If i bypass the 3k resistor and wire straight from zone 'x', then all works (bar the tamper feature obviously) so i know the panel is picking up the resistor value's, ie i can watch the values change and go from approx 1k to 2k or whatever way round it goes.

@ RULLAND: are you saying i dont need a 3k resistor in there??? should i use 1k?

when i wired the rest of the sensors, i sat at the bench and once i'd ID'd the appropriate ones, i just popped 'em in!

cheers,

jonathan

just copy the one I did you .................. tamper or mask been signalled?........... drawing looks right - wrong resister value selected at panel maybe?

Hi Alan,

I beleive it is yes - when someone / i walk through the detector scan area, they go into tamper o/c rather than 'open' as I would expect?

Yes, all resistors used are from the supplied packs, and tested as 1k or 3k or whatever I need. All cabling / connectors have been triple checked on the panel, the PIR's and i've even belled out the wiring to make sure all that is good, so checking the resistance of the cable, possible shorting, fresh cabling ..

Failing the above, anyone know where I can get some beta blockers & a few vallium? hahaha! ;)

jt

is this happening on all detectors? and did you use the ressistor packs supplied? if so with your meter test the values are as the manual, very easy to mistake red for orange on small bodied resistors.

check also the zone attributes are not set to 24 hour, fire or pa s they are 'live' when the panel is switched off.

make sure all connections are tight, i've noticed when picking up faults behind engineers for a company i help out occasionally, the install engineer offers the resistors to the terminal blocks, but forgets to tighten the 'free' end of the ressistor after cabling, where there is no cable but the resistor is connected to the tamper contact terminal.

regs

alan

if you have it wired as per your diagram, and its a new dimension (not a g2) then its right

If its a G2 you cant use the 3k as its not caperble of that monitoring.

Basically with default resistors you should have 1k, normal 2k alarm oc or sh tamper

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived