Security Installer Community

Engineer Lock Out

ispy

Guest anguscanplay
intersting thought Gus,

as all we can do is change settings within pre-allowed perameters, we don't actually 'write' anything just design a system with in them.

see i do though, i retain ownership of any "logo`d or signwritten component ............." in my terms and conditions and proggrame my name and number into the text banner

food for thought.

Guest anguscanplay
deargodmakeitstop_640.jpg

doesnt apply to you - one extinguishers very much like the next ................................................... :whistle:

deargodmakeitstop_640.jpg

what the bickering between gus and arf or the headache you have 'C'

:rolleyes::whistle:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Guest anguscanplay
what the bickering between gus and arf or the headache you have 'C'

:rolleyes::whistle:

you can`t spot the difference between bickering and a sensible conversation - no suprise there then

colin, no you cant lock a gal but assuming you havnt left it wide open you need to wipe the lot to remove the code (mostly). Its something im seriously looking at but loath to change from a panel i have had great support from since changing too. But i do feel this will become a bigger issue in time to me than it currently is.

No idea on the newer galaxies but on the classics its possible to change the defaults for the engineer/user/remote code directly on the eprom (via a burner) so if the panel is defaulted the code will not be the usual default code, but one you choose.

Just tried it on a galaxy 60 (along with some other minor changes to wording etc) and seemed to work fine, and it powered up just fine and operated as normal during the quick test.)

Course modding the eprom would probably invalidate a warranty or possibly grading (but then again maybe not, no idea on that particular kettle of fish....).

It stops someone from being able to use the standard default codes if the default the panel completely, but it still wont stop someone from finding out the code you used, if its on the board its readable without much hassle with the right equipment (and full access to the alarm etc etc) so in some ways it could be less secure as your eng code could become known leaving you in trouble....

You could always use one set for the 'defaulted' condition and another for normal use, so if something happens and the code is the 'defaulted' custom one you know the board has been defaulted, and if someone read that code it would not work on a undefaulted system.... If that makes any sense.

No idea on the newer galaxies but on the classics its possible to change the defaults for the engineer/user/remote code directly on the eprom (via a burner) so if the panel is defaulted the code will not be the usual default code, but one you choose.

Just tried it on a galaxy 60 (along with some other minor changes to wording etc) and seemed to work fine, and it powered up just fine and operated as normal during the quick test.)

Course modding the eprom would probably invalidate a warranty or possibly grading (but then again maybe not, no idea on that particular kettle of fish....).

It stops someone from being able to use the standard default codes if the default the panel completely, but it still wont stop someone from finding out the code you used, if its on the board its readable without much hassle with the right equipment (and full access to the alarm etc etc) so in some ways it could be less secure as your eng code could become known leaving you in trouble....

You could always use one set for the 'defaulted' condition and another for normal use, so if something happens and the code is the 'defaulted' custom one you know the board has been defaulted, and if someone read that code it would not work on a undefaulted system.... If that makes any sense.

but to be fair that wouldnt be too much of a problem because i only use a code per customer

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived