Security Installer Community

Engineer Lock Out

ispy

After another wasted service visit on another installers system i have yet again been left out of pocket trying to alter programming on a domestic system with an old veritas 8. Why is that company's lock out the engineer code. This should be illegal in my eyes cos i never do it especially on a domestic system. After all the system belongs to the customer and both installers and the manufacturers should not have the right to make this situation possible because the only person that benefits is the //.B.W.F.// that fitted it. Customers should have the right to use whom ever they seem fit. :ranting::realmad:

and there's a bloody recession on!!

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

yes it should, no it doesnt, you CAN unlock em if you know what your doing .............

thats the end of that argument then.

i think it is a good thing personally and i lock any panels i fit texecom veritas but in my terms and coditions it states i will unlock upon another company taking over the system for a chargable callout

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

yes it should, no it doesnt, you CAN unlock em if you know what your doing .............

thats the end of that argument then.

hows that then , do you mean ULDL software which is not possible on this version of panel or chip change of which i'm not familiar with

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
hows that then , do you mean ULDL software which is not possible on this version of panel or chip change of which i'm not familiar with

take it it was a homeguard panel?

Guest anguscanplay
i thought if a veritas is locked then its back to the texecom for unlocking

probably is - I meant generically just to wind the argument along, but EVERY one knows homegards numbers

Archived