Security Installer Community

Unregistered Firms

BARA

depends on the site, risk, system etc.

Assuming its not a 'live' job then you could learn by playing (ie your own system). Doing this on a customers system though is likly to get you in very serious trouble mind.

But lets keep the tone light eh?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

registered or not - a basic understanding of what your doing would be a start, sadly lacking in the O/P`s case.

a classic example of when to admit your out of your depth (IMO)

i don't thnk Gus he is claiming to be a highly skilled alarm engineer, this forums full of them already so he is in good company :lol:,

he has not even claimed "i'm an IT tech expert so just how hard can it be", we all started somewhere in this trade,many are 'converted' electricians. so no need to go look down our noses especially if we remmeber our own path's into this trade ;) . i'd prefer a sparks to come over to the dark side anyday over an "IT Expert" :fear:

at least he found his way to these forums where there is a good chance of real experts, some ready, willing and even able to help :unsure:

//mo pauses to check his underpants are not worn on the outside - or inside out.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
i don't thnk Gus he is claiming to be a highly skilled alarm engineer, this forums full of them already so he is in good company :lol:,

he has not even claimed "i'm an IT tech expert so just how hard can it be", we all started somewhere in this trade,many are 'converted' electricians. so no need to go look down our noses especially if we remmeber our own path's into this trade ;) . i'd prefer a sparks to come over to the dark side anyday over an "IT Expert" :fear:

at least he found his way to these forums where there is a good chance of real experts, some ready, willing and even able to help :unsure:

//mo pauses to check his underpants are not worn on the outside - or inside out.

regs

alan

right, and this time yesterday the O/P was claiming to be a year two apprentice.

you wanna know something just ask, if you wanna pretend to be something else then fair do`s but don`t take us for idiots

right, and this time yesterday the O/P was claiming to be a year two apprentice.

you wanna know something just ask, if you wanna pretend to be something else then fair do`s but don`t take us for idiots

he has not claimed any different since #1, all he has done is as you suggest as far as i can see, he has asked and politely - so why all the hostility? (but now imo he could very rightly see us as idiots then :unsure: )

we get enough plonkers masquerading as tech geniuses in here to haul over the coals.

regs

alan

I am my own boss now. It was a quick apprenticeship

Why would they limit it to 2?

And what would I need a URN for? Would that be to be down as a keyholder aswell? Otherwise all ok?

well guys,

this is like watching sky sports with Andt Grey commentating - nothing he says seems to apply to he game i'm watching :ranting:

TO BR FAIR his posts -:

Post #6

I am my own boss now. It was a quick apprenticeship

Why would they limit it to 2?

And what would I need a URN for? Would that be to be down as a keyholder aswell? Otherwise all ok?

===================

Come on, dont get upset Ill help you out with electrical questions

==================

so i don't see where do you get your 'accusation' from? or is there another thread i have not seen?

ok, so the guy is nieve about URN's - so now we gonna form a lynch party and string him him up at dawn then?

jeeze hc, he is asking about getting systems connected - politely, then for clarification - politely, and getting smug remarks in return.

i'd prefer helpful answers or people can't manage that - a very loud helpful silence, as ts getting plain embarrasing imo

regs

alan

And might the above quote be seen as ever so slightly patronising??

Cubit you old synic :lol:

no i don't, i see him bringing what he can that might be of use to the 'table of common help' as a trade for help given (had a rough deal showing on the balance sheets so far imho).

at the moment 'we' are in great danger of generating another Arfur Mo :bruce_h4h:

pmsl

regs

alan

Archived