Security Installer Community

Unregistered Firms

BARA

Not sure why gus is concerned at the moment....

You could have a red gsm monitored by any arc your approval status is irrelvant, but the arc will want to visit you etc to ensure you are a security firm as they do have some resposibility for any loss, and they dont want you to put it all on them. If you know what your doing and have the relevant training certs than im sure you wont have a problem.

But i genuinly cant see why if the risk is high enough to be on redcare, red gsm or dualcom etc why it wouldnt need police response. And the police will not respond to any system that isnt under a current contract with an approved compnay for obvious reasons.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Was thinking that myself. Very cruel.

what is it with you two?

seems you have forgotten i'm the Quintessential unregistered firm in here :lol:

if the o/p applied succesfully for trade, then far more info and help would be available to him, so i'm not being intentionally nasty to the o/p, just factual (while boosting my ranks in the membership :whistle: ).

regs

alan

I am my own boss now. It was a quick apprenticeship

Why would they limit it to 2?

And what would I need a URN for? Would that be to be down as a keyholder aswell? Otherwise all ok?

as i've ben accused of being nasty - if i appeared to be it was not intentional,

URN = Unique Reference Number, this is set up where systems are set for Police Response via ARC (Alarm Receiving Center). In short it acts like a post code but with more info alowwing better info being transmitted.

but to get that response you need to have membership of NSI or SSAIB or both, or the Police refuse to issue a URN.

you can have any signalling technoligy used to monitor any of your systems by any ARC but they will usually VET you as an acceptable level of security installer.

even though the gaurding firm is on site, i would not recommend using a voice dialler on any commercial premmisses system, digi is the minimum so at least you have a paper trail of any activation, you can just bet the keyholding gaurds s won't own up to not reacting to an alarm call from a dialler and claim system faulty, then where will you be? (hint -paddle and +creek).

tbh a digi is not too much use for security other than reporting open/closing signals, because of line vulnerability.might report every day but odds on the dy the line is missing thats when it gets screwed. this line migh be down simply for non payment of the line rent by the client.

so for you own peace of mind and finacial safety, use either dualcom, gsm/redcare or simply walk away.

regs

alan

ps is that 'nice' enough guys?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

registered or not - a basic understanding of what your doing would be a start, sadly lacking in the O/P`s case.

a classic example of when to admit your out of your depth (IMO)

Archived