Security Installer Community

How Am I Doing So Far?

rushal

Nope, no Apex so my guess is the loft which brings me onto antoher question for you pro's.

If the wire is in the loft, how would you bring it out to the bell box so that it is invisible, bearing in mind the alarm will be around 4 -6 bricks below the guttering? There are no barge boards, soffits or fascia boards here, just the guttering screwed to the wall directly.

Tricks of the trade ;) Invloves the use of a decent drill and some long drill bits.

Trade Member

Nope, its an unused spur situated next to the wire bundle.

good, test it, pop in a 3 amp fuse. mark it as such ( alarm 3 amp )..........get it certified (for the hip).. hook in a feed to your panel and away you go..(min 0.75mm cable, it use to be, not checked for any changes recently.. use 1.0mm t/e myself ) :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Angus

I presume you mean are they really brand new and boxed, to which I reply 'Yes', jut old stock.

I understand what you mean about the parts are never the most expensive bit, but when you consider I was looking at complete alarm kits from the likes of Argos, B&Q etc etc which none seemed to come with a seperate control panel, then I think

Nope, no Apex so my guess is the loft which brings me onto antoher question for you pro's.

If the wire is in the loft, how would you bring it out to the bell box so that it is invisible, bearing in mind the alarm will be around 4 -6 bricks below the guttering? There are no barge boards, soffits or fascia boards here, just the guttering screwed to the wall directly.

Hard to be specific without seeing the house but generally you would use a long 6-8mm masonary bit (600mm long), drill from outside at an angle calcualted to come out in the attic.

Shove a load of six core through from outside, go in the attic and fish it out with a staightened out coat hanger (nearest available wardrobe).

Carefully tape the exisitng alarm cable to your improvised draw wire then gently pull it through.

It's dead easy, ask anybody who has done it for twenty odd years! lol

Hard to be specific without seeing the house but generally you would use a long 6-8mm masonary bit (600mm long), drill from outside at an angle calcualted to come out in the attic.

Shove a load of six core through from outside, go in the attic and fish it out with a staightened out coat hanger (nearest available wardrobe).

Carefully tape the exisitng alarm cable to your improvised draw wire then gently pull it through.

It's dead easy, ask anybody who has done it for twenty odd years! lol

pretty much like that ;)

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

but if you do that the sounder would have to be fitted up against it and the nova 6 has a hinged lid that needs clearance above. Also and its just my opinion bells look daft right up against the soffit. 2 courses down IMO unless the soffit is angled then more so that the bell isnt half obscured by the roof

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

but if you do that the sounder would have to be fitted up against it and the nova 6 has a hinged lid that needs clearance above. Also and its just my opinion bells look daft right up against the soffit. 2 courses down IMO unless the soffit is angled then more so that the bell isnt half obscured by the roof

What Soffit, see post #10

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived