Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cpx Exit Zone?

Fixer

Hello every one, I've just joined the forum looking for assistance.

I was looking for a DIY alarm on the internet and followed a lead to a local supplier who was advertising the PowerMax system but when I got there the system I wanted was out of stock and they ended up selling me a GardTec system, if only I

I fly gassed up

Hello every one, I've just joined the forum looking for assistance.

I was looking for a DIY alarm on the internet and followed a lead to a local supplier who was advertising the PowerMax system but when I got there the system I wanted was out of stock and they ended up selling me a GardTec system, if only I

agreed with tinitus has said above,

we have not seen you layouit so as a very rough guide you need to program your front door as 'final exit', or any detector (like in the hall) which you pass through to get to the keypad/tag reader as 'access' in zone types.

you also need to allow enough time to get to the keypad in 'entry time', don't set this too low the alarm is to serve not terrify you into doing a 6 second mile.

tbh you have done very well to get this far, i'd honestly suggest contact the engineer who sold it to you, and ask him to come round to 'fine tune' and check everything out, just get a price first.

should be well worth the extra expense as there are a lot of settings which will mean absolutely nothing to you, but might greatly enhance your systems performance and/or ease of use.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

OK guys

I have a very long narrow hall way with no other sensors apart from the one on the front door, the main box and key pad are only feet away from the front door also, I can stand there very still press set on the key fob open and close the door as if leaving and the alarm arms, when I open the door it triggers the alarm without any delay.

If I stand outside and use the fob the same thing happens.

At the other end of the hall is a P shaped conservatory with a Pet PIR right round the corner out off sight and a door contact on a single door to the right.

Half way down the hall we have another Pet PIR in the dinning room and that

post-14647-1190839173_thumb.jpg

I fly gassed up

OK guys

I have a very long narrow hall way with no other sensors apart from the one on the front door, the main box and key pad are only feet away from the front door also, I can stand there very still press set on the key fob open and close the door as if leaving and the alarm arms, when I open the door it triggers the alarm without any delay.

If I stand outside and use the fob the same thing happens.

At the other end of the hall is P shaped conservatory with a Pet PIR right round the corner out off sight and a door contact on a single door to the right.

Half way down the hall we have another Pet PIR in the dinning room and that

you should become a surveyer, that drawing is awfull, lol, only joking. have you fitted an external reader for the fobs? Angus is the man for gardtec's to be honest, he will be along soon to reply im sure. what happens if you set the system at the keypad without leaving, i.e. dont open and close the door?

are you sure its actualy setting?

realy need to know what the zone is programed as. and also is it full set or part set?

how dare you ;) he asks me.

the problem is there is not alot you can be told at this point as it could all be progged totally wrong for all we know.

the best thing to do is as arfur said, if you get a price off a installer for commissioning the system[shouldn't be to much] it can be set up to do many things you would like. eg. have you set the vo-com up?

U ever tried drawing with a mouse :)

Yep the internal and outside bell box both go off and the key pad reads alarm, not sure just what the zone settings are but I do no its on full set, I haven

I fly gassed up

Guest anguscanplay

and get the PIR out of the consv. before you get a noise notice through your letter box.

as you acknowledge the cpx isnt a DIY panel and it really wouldnt be fair to the people I charged last year if we were to give you in depth programming advice ( after all it is called DIY ) but look again at the zone type ( hint hint )

Angus

and get the PIR out of the consv. before you get a noise notice through your letter box.

as you acknowledge the cpx isnt a DIY panel and it really wouldnt be fair to the people I charged last year if we were to give you in depth programming advice ( after all it is called DIY ) but look again at the zone type ( hint hint )

Angus

I do understand about the advise bit but will those customers be reading this :)

I will have another read up on the zone programing but what

I fly gassed up

Archived