Security Installer Community

Problem With My Mates Response Wireless Alarm

Hi All

I am wondering if any one can help me. My mate is installing a response wireless alarm and he is having problems? I went round to have a look and everything is all addressed right with home codes the all the same.

Go into test mode put in acces code and its fine part arm and arm flash on panel. Then press zone 1 and it lights up on panel but when press the pa on remote the panel should beeb twice but it doesnt??

Does any body have any idea where he is going wrong or has any one had any problems similar befor??

Thanks all help would be much appreciated!

ste

Eh......erm........well.........do you think we would deal in B&Q alarms????? No!

This nalarm is //.B.W.F.// and please accept my apologies but i got called out to dissconnect 1 today which was an embarassament when the engineers found out!!!

Get a quote for a good system pease!

!

like many i think, i being waiting for someone to comment, i second, the comments made in the previous post by Scottish engineer.

don,t think we are alone in our thinking, good luck.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

hi guys,

i don't think these high horse comments are very helpful or respectful to the o/p, he is trying to get his mates alarm working for him so seems to be a good samaritan to me. he did not buy the kit and i assume was not involved in it's selection either, i'd guess the 'mate' is not likely to trash it having already spent his hard earned luker.

i've never seen a response system close up so perhaps i'm just plain lucky, but they are sold by the thousands to diy's, so good chance they do work a designed or the OFT would be on their case.

so even if it's not the best in the world he is asking for help from us 'professionals' might we at least try to be a little more helpful or just be quiet if you can't manage it as your just tarnishing the image of the members who would help if they could.

again, not knowing the panel i think it might be an option needs setting, so look in the engineering/installation programming section of the manual.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

kill it in the most evil way possible then do your good smaritan bit by fitting some thing that improves the security industry not demeans it

kill it in the most evil way possible then do your good smaritan bit by fitting some thing that improves the security industry not demeans it

i see you got the message then Angus :rolleyes:

regs

Alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I suggest the !!..DIY Alarm Installers..!! forum is completely removed because every time someone with a DIY, note DIY, problem comes along all they ever get is ridicule & completely unhelpful comments, mostly one liners.

Thought we were not supposed to keep quiet if we can't help?, but there again it seems to be who you are.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Thought we were not supposed to keep quiet if we can't help?, but there again it seems to be who you are.

So nobody has misbehaved then. :rolleyes:

Whilst the comments may be critical of the system, does this not say something about the standing the product has within the industry??

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Archived