Security Installer Community

What Is The Bleeping?

grtrekkie

Just a wonder really! At work we have had a complete refit and with that brand new alarm system installed, it has galaxy keypads (3 of them at various locations) and every 10 - 15 seconds all the panels let out a bleep! this happens all the time! There romec engineers have been out for various bits and bobs and there is no fault with the system, so I assume it is a feature that makes people aware that it is working?? lol I remember watching them decomming the old one (this wasnt romec) and they were too scared to pull the old bellbox off the wall! It was a very big square Abel one (so big it had a warning about the siren volume on it) with a red strobe that didnt work lol Anyway, what is this odd feature?

Ta!

Just a wonder really! At work we have had a complete refit and with that brand new alarm system installed, it has galaxy keypads (3 of them at various locations) and every 10 - 15 seconds all the panels let out a bleep! this happens all the time! There romec engineers have been out for various bits and bobs and there is no fault with the system, so I assume it is a feature that makes people aware that it is working?? lol I remember watching them decomming the old one (this wasnt romec) and they were too scared to pull the old bellbox off the wall! It was a very big square Abel one (so big it had a warning about the siren volume on it) with a red strobe that didnt work lol Anyway, what is this odd feature?

Ta!

Are you absolutely, totally, 100% sure it's the keypads?

If you search round this forum you'll find many examples where people were convinced the alarm was beeping but the truth was it was a smoke alarm with a failing battery.

Those electronic beeps are VERY VERY difficult for the human ear to locate. :whistle:

Are you absolutely, totally, 100% sure it's the keypads?

If you search round this forum you'll find many examples where people were convinced the alarm was beeping but the truth was it was a smoke alarm with a failing battery.

Those electronic beeps are VERY VERY difficult for the human ear to locate. :whistle:

yes i am very sure! you can stand right next to the panel and tell that its where it comes from! we dont have smoke alarms at work, we have a large fire alarm system!

Whistle or Bellman, may have a better clue, but i have worked on a few galaxys but never had a keypad bleep at 10/15 second intervals before, may be a new feature

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Good thinking Norman,

but should romec guys not have picked up on that one.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived